Saving seat position for personalisation of different users.

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Zambo

Saving seat position for personalisation of different users.

Post by Zambo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:07 pm

I have the personalisation of driver mode select option and I am trying to save the seat position for different drivers. I have saved the seat positions in the seat memory and set up two users in the infotainment personalisation. I was expecting seat memory position 1 to be allocated to driver 1 and seat memory position 2 to be allocated to driver 2 but this does not seem to be the case. Does anyone know how to save the seat position for e.g. driver one so that when driver 1 is selected in the infotainment system the seat goes to the correct place? I have the columbus system if that makes and difference. Many thanks

MoominPapa

Re: Saving seat position for personalisation of different users.

Post by MoominPapa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Save each as seat setting 1 if using a different profile. Saved seat setting 1 is for the main driver of each profile.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car has not met expectations so far with 4 trips and 3 weeks in workshop...

Zambo

Post by Zambo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Great, thanks very much Moominpapa.

$k0d1ak

Post by $k0d1ak » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Zambo wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:05 pm
So,
Does it recognise the key being used and move seat accordingly when you unlock the car?

Thanks!
2.0TDI 150bhp DSG, Style trim
Candy White
7 seats, Sunroof, Towbar, Canton, ACC, Lane Assist
Ordered 2017-04-08 in Ireland

Zambo

Post by Zambo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 am

$k0d1ak wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:21 pm
Zambo wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:05 pm
So,
Does it recognise the key being used and move seat accordingly when you unlock the car?

Thanks!
I've not tried that yet. My first goal was to get it to work when selecting the user manually. I will try it with the different keys and let you know.

Zambo

Post by Zambo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:24 pm

$k0d1ak wrote:
So,

Thanks!
[/quote]
Yes it does. Both when using the button on the key fob and when using the keyless unlock on the door handle. I have manually allocated key fobs to a driver rather than automatically.

Hope that helps $k0d1ak.

$k0d1ak

Post by $k0d1ak » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Zambo wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:24 pm
$k0d1ak wrote:
So,

Thanks!
Yes it does. Both when using the button on the key fob and when using the keyless unlock on the door handle. I have manually allocated key fobs to a driver rather than automatically.

Hope that helps $k0d1ak.
[/quote]

Thanks, great info.
2.0TDI 150bhp DSG, Style trim
Candy White
7 seats, Sunroof, Towbar, Canton, ACC, Lane Assist
Ordered 2017-04-08 in Ireland

Tirinoarim

Post by Tirinoarim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi All,

Just got my "Edition" kodi with the new Columbus infotainment. As I understand it, the "Personalisation" is an optional extra, but there *IS* an option in vehicle settings -> seat position -> store with key (tick box).

Anyone know what this is/how it works? I've had a play for about 10 mins but cant figure it out!

Thanks in advance!

Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 pm

For cars without personalisation every time the Kodiaq is locked, the driver's seat and exterior mirror settings are saved and assigned to the key with which the vehicle was locked.

After unlocking the Kodiaq with the same key and opening the driver’s door, the driver's seat and exterior mirror settings that are saved to this key will be used.

On another note, for people with personalisation, does the Kodiaq need to be locked for it to change users via KESSY? I keep my car unlocked in my garage.
Ordered 27/5/17/BW32/BUILT! 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Tirinoarim

Post by Tirinoarim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:08 am

Just thinking out loud - I'm wondering if it (because of kessy) - it assigns the settings to the nearest key (rather than necessarily the one you press the button on)?

I've been trying to set seats up for me and my wife so I've had BOTH with me - Will try individually and see if that solves it - Thanks!

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”