four figure code required for entertainment panel ??

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
OttosDad

four figure code required for entertainment panel ??

Post by OttosDad » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 pm

For some reason , the entertainment system on my Edition , keeps requesting a four figure code to be entered into the system. It is not my phones 4 figure code. For the past 18 months I have just turned it on and used the radio phone, sat nave etc, but not for the last month. Any ideas any one? Or at least which page I have missed in the manual. Thanks
July 2017 Pearl black ,190 tdi, Edition. Cream interior, Camera, heated screen, front sensors,Canton sound, tow bar.

Kenny R

Re: four figure code required for entertainment panel ??

Post by Kenny R » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:21 pm

If it’s an iPhone you’ve got, this might fix your problem
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2567&sid=69e7dc7d74e38908baec461c5691a562
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:23 pm

OttosDad wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 pm
For some reason , the entertainment system on my Edition , keeps requesting a four figure code to be entered into the system. It is not my phones 4 figure code. For the past 18 months I have just turned it on and used the radio phone, sat nave etc, but not for the last month. Any ideas any one? Or at least which page I have missed in the manual. Thanks
It could be the PIN for the Skoda Online Services if you are using them or the PIN for the SIM card if you are using that for calls/data, difficult to say unless we know what functions/services you have running.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

OttosDad

Post by OttosDad » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks for this re the Phone update , will give it a go in daylight tomorrow.
July 2017 Pearl black ,190 tdi, Edition. Cream interior, Camera, heated screen, front sensors,Canton sound, tow bar.

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 am

OttosDad wrote:
Our Kodiaq edition has just randomly started doing this too i.e asking for a 4 digit code, has there been a software update?
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am

Alan Chapple wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 am
OttosDad wrote:
Our Kodiaq edition has just randomly started doing this too i.e asking for a 4 digit code, has there been a software update?
If you have an iPhone this has happened since the update to ios13. You need to forget the Bluetooth connection to your car then re- pair your phone to the car as in the link above.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am
Alan Chapple wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 am
OttosDad wrote:
If you have an iPhone this has happened since the update to ios13. You need to forget the Bluetooth connection to your car then re- pair your phone to the car as in the link above.
I will try that tonight, I knew it would be something to do with iPhones, I hate the things.

My wife has actually started connecting her iPhone through Smartlink and using Google Maps as opposed to in-built SatNav and I thought it was something to do with that.
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

OttosDad

Post by OttosDad » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 am

Many thanks Gents ,
The removing the phones from the Bluetooth lists on phones and car has worked. Remember to turn the car off and the phones for a few moments before re loading .
OttosDAd

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”