Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Who specced the ACC?

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Zach 
#1 ·
If you spec the ACC as a cost option, do you get normal CC as well or does ACC replace normal CC?

#2 ·
ACC is effectively an advanced version of CC.

E.g. If you set 70mph on ACC it will do exactly the same as CC if you are on an open road with no traffic.

BUT ACC will also detect traffic in front of you and, if necessary, reduce accordingly (to a distance you can set).

With normal CC, you would have to turn it off if you came up behind a vehicle doing 65. But ACC will adjust your speed to 65......and if the car in front then changes lane, your car will automatically speed back up to 70.

#3 ·
Thanks, I should have mentioned that I already have ACC on my current car (Superb) so I know what it can be capable of (and it's pitfalls).

My Superb came with ACC as std and there is no 'normal' CC, but mine was one of the 1st MK3 Superbs, I know some VAG cars have both CC and ACC fitted... is the Kodiaq one of them or not?

#4 ·
From the looks of things when I looked at the Kodiaq, no. Would be nice if it was like the Mazda CX9 that has a setting to switch between normal and adaptive cruise control.

#5 ·
I don't know of a situation where you would want CC but not ACC? If there's traffic ahead, with CC you'll have to apply brakes which will disengage it. Ditto for ACC, with the added advantage of it slowing down if you want the option. If you want it to behave like CC, simply apply brakes.

#6 ·
On single carriageways ACC comes into it's own, you really just have to steer (and Lane Assist will do most of that if you let it!)
The only issues I have with ACC (and therefore would prefer normal CC in these circumstances) is when on a dual carriageway / motorway and approaching a slower vehicle with moderate traffic around you, the car will slow down a bit too early for my liking, if you pull out to overtake the moment the vehicle in front appears on the maxidot then you are in the overtaking lane for longer than is ideal, this is no problem if you are travelling much quicker of course but is not ideal if you are only going a few mph quicker, yes I know i can just put my foot down but that kind of defeats the whole point of CC.

If it is ACC or CC then I would not spec it, however I do like most of what ACC does.

#7 ·
I've found no way of turning the Adaptive element off. 95% of time it's perfect, and am learning those 5% of times when I'm required to think! If a Hazard Situation is developing in front of me, I turn it off.

I'd say that at the end of a day driving with sensible ACC use I'm much less stressed than without it.

#9 ·
Yes, but CC won't work either. Speed limiter merely ensures you can't accelerate beyond the set speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.