Engine noise / whistle

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Colin Lambert

Re: Engine noise / whistle

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am

I may of course be totally incorrect, but it sounds to me as though that the mechanic that told you that was wearing huge red shoes, had a red blob for a nose and I white face. :lol:
How can an engine ingest MORE air? The turbo does what it does. If it was possible to ingest more air it would need to ingest more petrol/derv, otherwise the mixture would be weakened and poor running would result.
I think he meant more PETROL/DERV. i:e- the modern electronic equivalent of pulling the choke out (for those of you old enough to remember carburettors and chokes ;))
Now is the chance for somebody with higher qualies than mine to shoot me down in flames! :oops: :lol:
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 am

This has been a bad introduction to the VAG group...

I'm contacting the importer to hear if that is how all their 2.0 tsi 140kw engines sounds like when cold.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

SkodiaqDK

Re: Engine noise / whistle 2.0 TSI 140KW

Post by SkodiaqDK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Maybe some other 2.0 tsi 140KW owners can tell me if they have the same noise?

Can moderator change topic name to "Engine noise/whistle 2.0 TSI 140KW" ?
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Importer claims it is as it should be. That they trust the response i got from the skoda-workshop...

:shock: :evil:

old man

Post by old man » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Importer claims it is as it should be.

Bearing in mind that no one else on this forum reports having a similar problem, I would go back to your dealer and ask them to prove "it's as it should be" by asking them to let you drive a similar model so they can prove what they claim.

I don't know what your consumer laws are in DK , but if they can't prove the noise is normal, would you not have grounds to reject the car ??

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 pm

I'll pay for some second opinions at the "united danish car owners" where i am a member.

Until then, i will continue warning potentiel car buyers of how the engine sounds, which is how it should according to skoda.

Car is in the workshop right now after wifey was hit in the side by another car in a junction. Translated into UK traffic, she was turning left in a junction, and the car on the opposite site wanted to drive the same way (his right) and drove directly into the side of ours.

Now i have the privilige to drive a CITIGO.

old man

Post by old man » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:21 pm

[quoteNow i have the privilige to drive a CITIGO.][/quote]

Now that definitely isn't funny :roll:

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 pm

old man wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:21 pm
[quoteNow i have the privilige to drive a CITIGO.]

Now that definitely isn't funny :roll:
[/quote]

However, my grandson's dream is to own a Citigo Monte Carlo. He'll have to get a licence first though, and he'll have to get a job to afford a licence and insurance!
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Leicestershire.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Heating of the catalytic converter / heating of the engine is the official explanation.

If we assume that is the case, what does that mean?

Skoda has installed an engine heater?

How do they heat a cat? Toaster technology? Toasters does not make noise.

And it begins when it starts creeping? Not when engine is turned on.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 pm

SkodiaqDK wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
Heating of the catalytic converter / heating of the engine is the official explanation.

If we assume that is the case, what does that mean?

Skoda has installed an engine heater?

How do they heat a cat? Toaster technology? Toasters does not make noise.

And it begins when it starts creeping? Not when engine is turned on.
Sounds like male bovine excrement to me!
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Leicestershire.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”