Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Exhaust pinging noise

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BigSilv 
#1 ·
Hi All

Does anyone else find the Kodiaq produces a metallic pinging kind of noise immediately after the engine is turned off? I presume it's a part of the exhaust contracting as it cools... but it's irritating.

I thought there was a thread about this before but can't find it. Just wondered if it was something I should bring to the dealers attention.

Cheers
Steve

#2 ·
I must admit mine doesn't do it.
Is it every time or only after a long fast run? Could be the CAT. they get VERy HOT.

#4 ·
Sorry then not sure . If it IS the exhaust/CAT. I wouldn't worry about it, just cooling down. But strange that mine (same engine) has never done it?
Might be worth ringing the dealer?

#6 ·
It doesn't worry me either, it just feels cheap.
I've got to take the car in for the software update recall soon so will mention it to them.
As it obviously doesn't affect all Kodiaqs maybe it's something they can sort.

Thanks guys

#7 ·
Depends how hot it's got. Mine does it sometimes. Every car I've ever owned has done this at some time. By all means report it to the dealer, but be ready for gales of laughter.

#8 ·
It is the exhaust contracting as it cools. Mine does it. Certainly nothing I would raise to the dealer. You also could also bemoan the tyres roar as you drive along .. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.