Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

1.4 TSI ACT with 6 Speed DSG

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
All bar the 1.4 TSI ACT 150ps Kodiaq's gets the 7 speed DSG. Is the 6 speed a good match with the 150bhp 1.4?

I notice that the "Karok" is getting the newer 1.5 TSI ACT 150 bhp with a 7 speed DSG

#3 ·
Had two cars with 7spd DSG and now the 6spd in the Kodiaq.

Can't say it makes an awful lot of difference, but I agree with your logic that the 7spd would have been the assumed natural choice. I'm sure there is a reason for it, unless they just over-produced a stock of 6spd :p

#4 ·
I agree completely with Swindiaq.
I have had four 7 speed DSGs and wonder why the 1.4 gets 6 speeds?? Logic would say that the less power the more cogs would be a better idea.
I must admit it doesn't concern me overmuch, notwithstanding it hangs on to gears a bit longer in spirited acceleration.
I did prefer the 7 speed as the gear changes were at lower revs. I am sure there is a reason why Skoda decided on 6 for the 1.4. Perhaps it has something to do with the ACT as this is the only kodiaq that has that technology.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.