RaceChip XLR - Pedal Box just arrived

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
KodiQ

RaceChip XLR - Pedal Box just arrived

Post by KodiQ » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:13 am

The Racechip XLR arrived, took a week to arrive from Germany due to Customs times etc - no customs charges to pay either

My Car is a 21 Plate 1.5tsi DSG

Nice presentation, big clear A4 Manual, comes with some zip ties and some velcro. I opted for the App version (note you cannot add the App later, I assume due to the bluetooth chip that's inside the brainbox) as i didn't want to mess around with any extra cables for the controller. (you also get the controller too if you want to use it)

Very easy to fit, literally a 1 min job. used velcro to stick the brain box above the pedals, loads of room to play with. This way I can remove quickly if I need to.

Ive shown in the pic using two red squares the two connectors you need to plug in. very simple.

You then turn ignition on only, start the app, pair with the brainbox (serial number needs to be entered which is printed on the brainbox and the manual) and once started you choose your modes.

Let me tell you the change is DRAMATIC! wow!, only tried Sport mode and the accelerator pedal response is near enough instant when driving, there is no more lag.

Modes can be change on the fly, cant comment on fuel consumption as way too early to judge but will post updates when I can.
cost was £219 inc free Fedex delivery

Feel free to use my referral link to buy direct from Racechip in Germany: http://aklam.io/klCFBW

Colin Lambert

Re: RaceChip XLR - Pedal Box just arrived

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:39 am

I found no change in consumption on my 1.4 DSG Kodiaq (2017).

Have you tried 'RACE +'? If not put your head on the headrest before giving it full 'beanz'.
Interesting that you went for the app version. Seems a lot of faffing about to set up. I fixed the controller by my right knee with no cable showing at all and saved £30.

Just out of interest why did you buy from Germany and therefore have to wait for it I bought it from https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/skoda/kodiaq-from-2016/1-5-tsi-1495ccm-150hp-110kw-250nm.html
and got it next day for £189 (ex app)
It does transform the car. Why the hell Skoda had to ruin a good car by inducing such chronic throttle lag I just don't know.
It is also interesting that it still affects the 1.5 engine on the Kodiaq when it does NOT occur on the 1.5 DSG KAROQ!
Enjoy!
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KodiQ

Re: RaceChip XLR - Pedal Box just arrived

Post by KodiQ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Hi mate.

That’s good to hear about the fuel consumption.

That’s the site I ordered from, seems post brexit things have changed. They ship from Germany using FedEx, pre brexit it would of been very quick but now it’s a nightmare.

Yeh app version for me is a better solution, set it once and forget. The app only needs to be on if I want to change the setting. But S will be fine for next 3 years. I also don’t want the faff with the removing the controller if the car has to go to the dealer etc. This way it’s a stealth installation :D