Thule foot packs for sale 757 and 753

Buy and Sell from other members.
old man

Thule foot packs for sale 757 and 753

Post by old man » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 am

I have some Thule foot packs to sell. Roof bars are not included.
1 x 757 Pack
1 x 753 Pack
Both packs contain locks and 2 keys each.
Both sets were bought new. The 757s were on my car for less than 2 years and the 753s were fitted for 3 years, all are in good working order and good condition.

The 757s were fitted to a 2013 Skoda Suberb estate with raised roof rails

The 753s were fitted to a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe with flush fit roof rails. Thule do not fit the lugs to these that fit into the positioning holes that are present for many flush roof rails so you can position them wider apart if your rails allow, which is good if you're long loads.

Both sets will fit other makes and models, but you will need to check online to see if they will fit your particular car.
I tried to get a list of cars they will fit, but unfortunately it isn't available to the general public.

I would like £45 for each set. You can collect or arrange your own postage, or I can post with Hermes for £6.50 per set, or if anyone wanted both sets (unlikely I know), the postage would still be £6.50.

Thanks for looking.

Please note that neither of these foot packs will fit a Kodiaq, but I have them advertised on a paddling forum I belong to, so I thought it worth trying here as I'm sure owners of other models visit here as well.

iwarv

Re: Thule foot packs for sale 757 and 753

Post by iwarv » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:34 pm

old man wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 am
Please note that neither of these foot packs will fit a Kodiaq
On looks alone it seems to me that the Thule 757 foot pack would fit a Skoda Kodiaq.
They look similar to a cheap alternative that I used on my holiday recently.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:51 pm

There is a picture near the bottom of this post on another forum with the 757 foot pack fitted to a Kodiaq
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ut/?page=3
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

old man

Post by old man » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks for that sort of vote of confidence guys, but I can assure you that 757s are a poor and unsafe fit on Kodiaq roof rails, although at a quick glance, the roof rails look just the same as the ones on my previous Superb and older Octavia.
I did try them on a Kodiaq in the hope that it would save me nearly £90 on a fresh set of feet, but they are a poor fit and there's no way I would trust them when carrying a 16' Canadian canoe on the roof, which I often do.
The feet recommended by Thule are 775s, which rather than clamping to the rails as the 757s do, they have a rubber coated metal strap that runs under the rails, so in effect, the rail is encased by the foot. Skodas own brand feet also have a very similar fixing to the Thule 775s.

KennyR; At the risk of upsetting the owner of the car in the pic you posted, he must be an utter loon to use the 757s on his car, especially with a roof box affixed to them. That's just asking for trouble, and I wouldn't want to be behind him if that lot lets go !!

I did see a car today that had the roof bars fixed to the roof rails with jubilee clips :o , which frankly I would deem far safer than using 757s on a Kodiaq ;)

duncanlowe

Post by duncanlowe » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:05 pm

What is it about the fit that worries you so much? Yes the inner part doesn't tuck under, but the outer part tucks under really well. I can't see for the life of me how they could come off.
Kodiaq 190 Edition 4x4 DSG 5 seat in a rather fetching shade of velvet red. From Stafford, England.

Kingly

Post by Kingly » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:19 pm

I have the Thule 757 on my current Tiguan. I was just assuming they would fit the Kodiaq as both have raised roof bars. What is it about them that doesn’t fit well? I wonder if the angle of the bar makes a difference!?
!It’s here! Collected 1/3/19 - Quartz Grey, 2.0 TSI Sportline 4x4 DSG. Heated windscreen/jets, front and rear parking sensors, rear seat release, Canton sound system, running boards.

old man

Post by old man » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Kingly wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:19 pm
I have the Thule 757 on my current Tiguan. I was just assuming they would fit the Kodiaq as both have raised roof bars. What is it about them that doesn’t fit well? I wonder if the angle of the bar makes a difference!?
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. As soon as I'd tightened up a 757 foot on the rail and found it wouldn't fit tight and snug, I walked away.
The Kodiaq rails are definitley different to my old Superb, but I'm not sure if the overall shape has changed, or whether they're just fitted to the roof at a different angle. The main difference I saw was that there is now and indent in the lower, outside edge of the rails, which makes me assume that the overall profile has been altered.

I would reiterate though, that using 757s is unsafe, which is why Thule state that 775s should be the standard fit.

My local dealer had a couple of Karoqs in the showroom which had roof bars fitted, These were fitted to the rails with the Skoda equivalent of Thule 775s.

old man

Post by old man » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 am

duncanlowe wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:05 pm
What is it about the fit that worries you so much? Yes the inner part doesn't tuck under, but the outer part tucks under really well. I can't see for the life of me how they could come off.

Sorry, I missed your post earlier.
Yes, you're right, The outer part fitted okay, it was the inner part that wouldn't fit correctly. Due to the angle of the inner part of the rail, the inner part of the foot was not sitting square to the rail, thereby making it a poor and insecure fit.

In my case, I carry a large Canadian canoe, and the wind lift under it when travelling is tremendous. It is also affected badly by crosswinds, so anything other than a secure fit would be disastrous. Imagine the chaos it could cause if it came off on a motorway !!
If I hadn't already boxed and wrapped the 757s ready for posting, I'd fit one to my rail next to the 775 and take a picture to demonstrate the ill fit.
You might get it tight enough to carry a ladder or similar, and you might be lucky with something larger, but to me it's not worth the risk for the sake of £86, not least because my canoes are worth decent money, but more importantly, if my load came off it could cause someone's death.

However, don't take my word for it, just phone Thule and ask them why they list the 775s as the correct fitment for the Kodiaq and not the 757s.

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:24 am

old man wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 am
I carry a large Canadian canoe, and the wind lift under it when travelling is tremendous.
I would have thought you secure the canoe upside down, so that it causes a downforce?

But I take your advice on the 757 feet to heart.
Lots of others had recommended the 775s anyway.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

old man

Post by old man » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:49 am

[quoteI would have thought you secure the canoe upside down, so that it causes a downforce?][/quote]

You're correct, the canoe lies upside down. Airflow around and over the canoe is good as the hull is quite aerodynamic, but it's the airflow that hits the grill, then flows over the bonnet, up the windscreen and then into the interior of the upturned boat that causes the problem.

Someone on my paddling forum did a calculation some years ago about the how hard the wind hits a canoe at different mph. The results were quite frightening and almost made me reduce my speed ;)

You underestimate the force of wind and water at your peril !!

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”