Faults solved PUT HERE>

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
romanv

Faults solved PUT HERE>

Post by romanv » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Please put an information about your successfully solved faults, including a description how it was solved.

I know there is a post about faults but usually solutions for that faults are practically lost in such posts. At the begining of fault post there is a description of the fault, followed by many many posts that try to help, criticise or cheer up but the conclusion (solution) is hidden somewhere. Use this post for short reportings.

Example:

PROBLEM: Handles are creaking.
REPORTED TO SKODA: Week 26 (2017)
SOLVED BY SKODA: Week 32 (2017)
SOLUTION: Skoda has put some more glue.

MoominPapa

Re: Faults solved PUT HERE>

Post by MoominPapa » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:41 am

Skoda have put additional padding and glue to creaking door handles and dash rattles.

Removed and refitted new exterior trim due to initial ill fitting.

Replaced juddering wipers.

There is still a problem list that needs sorting out with a 3rd trip back to the workshop once parts have arrived.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop. Currently running on "winter boots".

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 am

Oh dear, how very disappointing.
Sparshatts?
At least my creaking door pulls aren't getting any worse and the electrical gremlins seem to be sorted.
I hope you get everything put right soon.
Have you had a whinge to Skoda Management in Leeds?
If not, PM me and I will give you a name.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Simon341

Clunking noise on first pull away

Post by Simon341 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 pm

I have a 6 week old Kodiaq 4x4 2 litre Tdi DSG with 800 miles on the clock. Very happy with the car apart from one issue. After initially starting and pulling away with any degree of lock on the wheel there's an audible clunk from the front nearside area which can also be felt through the steering wheel. Thereafter the car drives perfectly with no repeat of the noise whilst driving and taking corners. The best way to describe the noise is that it reminds me of a cracked or broken coil spring which my Kodiaq most definitely isn't suffering with. The noise occurs after the brakes disengage and when the car is on a smooth surface. It's booked into my local dealership later this week, but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar?

Simon341

Re: Clunking noise on first pull away

Post by Simon341 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:34 am

Update from garage inspection: new 'top mount' ordered due to 'sticking' spring release? Not sure what that means but covered under warranty and a simple fix apparently.

FiXXXeR

Post by FiXXXeR » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 am

My MY18 had Traffic Jam Assist disabled (like many others I've noticed around here), however I quoted the field service campaign that someone mentioned in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=954) and they sorted it no problem. Now keeps the lane assist icon green under 60kph with ACC enabled.
Moved from UK to Melbourne/Aus in Dec '17; Kodiaq owner since Dec '17.
132KW TSI, Lava Blue, anthracite Triglav 19' wheels, black interior.
Aussie Tech & Lux packs, plus pop-out towbar fitted.
Got the little Kodi teddy for our baby and she loves it!

Return to “Faults & Technical”