Creaking/broken door handles.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Colin Lambert

Creaking/broken door handles.

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Will all of you with the above problem, please be kind enough to PM me urgently with the name of your dealer and a contact so that my dealer can speak to them, since he has heard nothing of this problem and my drivers door is now showing signs of joining the creaky handle club.
Many thanks.
colin.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Savage

Re: Creaking/broken door handles.

Post by Savage » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Colin, contact SUK customer services head office ;)
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

romanv

Post by romanv » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 pm

I've talked with my dealer few weeks ago when arranging my leasing. The seller told me that they were having the creaky handles with the test car that I had driven in February. I asked him if they solved that problem and he said that they didn't. It looks like Skoda Slovenia is not capable of repairing such fault.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Roman,
See my post in 'Faults requiring warranty claim'
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 am

We chaps with wonky door cards should be grateful! (that is most of us isn't it?)
I chatted with the owner of the White Kodiaq in the next road to me yesterday.
The clips holding his drivers door card to the door are so useless the whole door card has come away from the door at the trailing edge and when pushed back won't stay there.
Appalling build quality!
[color=#00

kthuno

Post by kthuno » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 am
We chaps with wonky door cards should be grateful! (that is most of us isn't it?)
I chatted with the owner of the White Kodiaq in the next road to me yesterday.
The clips holding his drivers door card to the door are so useless the whole door card has come away from the door at the trailing edge and when pushed back won't stay there.
Appalling build quality!
Holy smokes - that's just unacceptable!!! Perhaps someone should start notifying some motor-magazines about this to help tune in Skodas attention to this...
-- DSG TDI 2.0 150bhp Style

BikeBert

Post by BikeBert » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 am
Appalling build quality!
Same problem here. Driver's door card clip broken so there's quite a gap between the armrest and rest of the door card. Waiting for new parts and repair under warranty.
Kodiaq => Ateca
My other car is a mountain bike :D

lecko

Post by lecko » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:04 pm

My door handles also make some noise when opening/closing doors but for now I hardly notice. Here is a detailed procedure how extensively tested kodiaq prototype were. I wonder how this door handles quality was missed among so many tests :?:

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/mod ... acid-test/

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Bikebert.
It is Not the handle on my neighbours car coming away from the card. It is the WHOLE card coming away from the door itself.
[color=#00

MoominPapa

Post by MoominPapa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:07 pm

The build quality is highly suspect and I am disappointed by it. My door cards are okay, but I have the creaking handles issue.

I've gone round detailing my car and have noticed different sized external panel gaps and asymmetrical sized joins in the interior trim. My driver metal footplate is not aligned to the chassis and to top it off, the leather trim on one of the seats has started to peel away.

I'm giving Skoda one more chance to fix issues before I go and reconsider my position.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop. Currently running on "winter boots".

Return to “Faults & Technical”