Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Tailgate

11K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MoominPapa 
#1 ·
Could someone tell me how to get the tailgate to fully open. Everything was fine until this morning when i decided to only open to head height.
I know its not a fault, just cant get my head around getting it back to normal. Handbook just confuses me. Thanking you in advance. :roll:

Clive

#4 ·
Roman. "In the trunk"?? U.K buttons are on bottom edge of tailgate. Or have I missed another button lurking in the gloom?
The other way of doing it is to shut the tailgate using the button, then re-open it. It should go to full height.
You can stop the tailgate in any position by pushing the button while it is going either up or down. But once it completes the cycle in whichever direction it's going it should open and close fully in both directions when next operated.
If yo want it to constantly stop in any position other than fully open or closed then do as Roman says and press button (at the desired position, until you hear a beep.

#7 ·
Matt93883 said:
Can the boot be closed remotely or just opened??
I believe you can enable this with VCDS.

#10 ·
I often only open the tailgate enough to let the dog out, rarely to full height.
Next time I let him in I press the key fob and it opens to it's full height.
As Roam said. If you want it to open every time to a given height then hold the button 'til it peeps. If you don't hear it peep by not pressing the button long enough, as I do it should open to max height every time.

#11 ·
On mine I open the latch and lift the tailgate up.
I then pull on the rubber doodah and it closes.
No first world problems here. :)

#14 ·
bigboss said:
Matt93883 said:
Can the boot be closed remotely or just opened??
I believe you can enable this with VCDS.
VCDS not needed. Just be patient and hold down the fob boot release button for longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.