Connect Function

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
grahamterry1000

Connect Function

Post by grahamterry1000 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 am

Hi

Managed to get connected to Connect via the website and app but after 3-4 days of success I have had nothing from the vehicle other than its location.

No data, no indication re locked etc in fact it disconcertingly said it was unlocked the other night when my other half said "you locked your car didn't you, I thought I heard someone outside" and I reached for the phone to check!

Have reported it to Skoda and there are some app works being undertaken today (1.6) but this stems from Monday 29.5.

Anyone else had at issues?
I don't have an external sim package (haven't even got facility to use one as there is no slot).

Cheers for any insight.
Candy White SE L 150 tdi DSG 4x4 with remote pedal, tow bar and spare wheel.

Colin Lambert

Re: Connect Function

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 am

Their connection facilities seem to have some problems. See my thread re emergency buttons not working .
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KodiaqPetrolHead

Post by KodiaqPetrolHead » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Hmmm.
A couple of days ago the app asked for finger-print recognition on my iPhone. Great I thought, but now it doesn't recognise my password or invite finger-print.
I'm locked out.
Can't say I'm heart broken, but sending SatNav destinations remotely was really useful.
Business Grey SE-L TSI 180 PS 4x4 DSG with whistles & bells.
Took ownership 6 April '17.

romanv

Post by romanv » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Today Skoda is upgrading Skoda Connect. A colleague of mine that has received his Kodiaq two days ago has been adviced to activate Skoda Connect tomorrow.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Skoda have advised this afternoon that the upgrade has been completed satisfactorily.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Savage

Post by Savage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:50 pm

and you need to reset your password.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 am

I have just had nearly an hour with a senior Manager at SUK . He is not a techy but he is looking into the non functioning call buttons on my car.
Meadens met the 'Connect' local manager at a meeting and the latter offered to come down to the New Forest and meet me with the car to sort out the problems. So They really are trying their hardest, which I think is impressive. It belies the negative comments about Customer Service not being helpful. I think if you can get higher up the food chain past CS to management. they do actually try to get problems resolved.
[color=#00

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 am

UPDATE.
Had 2 'phone calls and an email from SUK.
Customer Relations Manager passes buck to Customer Services Manager passes buck to Meadens!
Meadens looks up on the computer at details of my car.(did you know they can look up EVERYTHING the car is doing on the computer. SCARY!)
Dealer Techy says it last connected a call button on the 8th june, but it didn't. it says call in progress and then drops it.
Techy thinks it is a duff unit and will order one in and speak to local SUK tech manager and get him down to Meadens having ordered replacement unit which takes about an hour to fit and is located behind the top glove box.
This is fairly new Tech for the dealers (only 18 year models Superb & Octavia +K have it) and apparently the Kodiaq Technical course brushed over a lot of the electronics rather too quickly, so I feel quite sorry for the dealers.
It looks as though we 'early adopters' are paying the price for our enthusiasm and are have to have the glitches (door pulls falling off, call buttons not working etc, etc) sorted out.
Hopefully, you chaps/chappesses still waiting for delivery will not suffer the annoying niggles that we are having.
[color=#00

Buckalec66

Post by Buckalec66 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

New car delivered with multiple infotainment failures...incl Skoda Connect issues. Booked in for diagnostic on Monday. Second trip to dealer and car 1 week old😢

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:55 am

I have to travel 40 miles round trip to my dealer. I am thinking of invoicing Skoda for my petrol! Let alone my time!! ;) Next trip will be my third! That will be to ascertain what is at fault and if it is the unit that connects the call buttons (£800!!!) I shall have to go back AGAIN to have it fitted. Dealer can't order first in case mine is NOT U/S Skoda charge a %age fee to send back unused spares!
Perhaps if they made the cars properly in the first place , none of this faffing about would be necessary!
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”