9k2/s53co

Re: Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Post by 9k2/s53co » Wed May 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 am
9k2/s53co wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi All,
just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar thing ?
I have noticed that when approaching obstacle, front sensor start reacting only when I am at aprox. 30cm..In my opinion, this is far to late ? When I drove test K and Superb, it started to beep even when I approached parking ramp..well, it sensed the metal box at the side. My K does not do that.
Seems I'll have to visit garage :cry:
If anyone had same problem and got it fixed, would be great to know what was the problem as I suspect I'll have to convience them somehow that sensors are "late" :?:

Regards, Tomi
Me too Tomi but haven't given it much thought till I read your post - so I've added this to my little list for the dealers at the first service. Does anyone know if the front parking sensor is the same device as the front assist (which activates brakes if a collision is imminent)?

I owe an answer here;
my car was in the garage today... No improvement in front sensors, but what I was told:
early models of K had adjustment done it was sensing too quickly and people were complaining. So, Skoda changed coding and we see result, what I complain about...IMHO this is wrong, if my infotainment systm only shows an obstacle only when I am 2 or 3 bars away (instead of 6), makes no sense to have them, almost...
I hope more people will complain about front sensor latency and Skoda change it back like early models...hope dies last :lol:

Regards, Tomi
Ordered May 3rd 2017; 2.0 TDI 150PS, Style DSG Lava Blue, 5 seats and number of add-ons.Delivery Feb 15th 2018 :)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I have of the first Kodiaqs in the country. The only problems I have had are that it does not work in heavy rain or snow and that initially it was OVER sensitive . Only yesterday it decided to brake as i approached a corner with a post and rail bridge. it was the bridge that
set it off!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Thu May 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 pm
I have of the first Kodiaqs in the country. The only problems I have had are that it does not work in heavy rain or snow and that initially it was OVER sensitive . Only yesterday it decided to brake as i approached a corner with a post and rail bridge. it was the bridge that
set it off!
Colin - Tomi and I were talking about the front parking sensor whereas you're referring to front assist (I think). Presumably these are two unconnected bits of technology?
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu May 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Sorry, Brain freeze!! happens all too often at my age!!
Right.....talking about sensors. you are correct 30cm is far too close. when the red line appears, back or front. I have 10 inches before collision.
I suggest that it is a dealer job. yours are obviously not correct.
That would explain the comments about early cars being too far away. Mine is one of the first and I think they work fine. I would certainly rather have early warning than late!!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

ryley_aus

Post by ryley_aus » Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am

HI
The glove box on my parent's Kodiak (MY 18.5) is not opening and closing correctly, it get's 'stuck' at times and does not open seamlessly like it did when new (car is only 1 month old) I have had a look at the right side and have looked into the mechanism, there appears to be some component 'loose' perhaps, I am unsure wether it is in it's correct position.
We intend on going to our local dealer and service centre to have them see to it.
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue?

I have attached 2 photos depicting the 'mechanism' and the glovebox.

IMG_20180526_162815.jpg

IMG_20180526_162804.jpg

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat May 26, 2018 9:27 am

Welcome to the forum Ryley.
In your top pic, see the black arm on the left.
Pull it towards you and down (it slides) and put push to the left to get the protrusion into the hole in the grey bit. You may have to twiddle the end of the black arm to get it to engage in the grey hols. THE BLACK ARM is the damper that makes the lid open slowly.
problem solved.
Cheers.
[color=#00

Gruffalo

Post by Gruffalo » Wed May 30, 2018 8:13 am

We have our Kodi going in tomorrow as the passenger door leaks from the top of the window when you use a jet wash against the window, you can also hear elevated wind noise from that side of the car. None of the other windows let in water from the same jet wash source. No other faults to report though.

Steve
Edition 1.4 DSG 150ps, Silver, 7 seats, Black Leather, 19" Sirius, Rough Road Pkg, Htd windscreen, Travel Assist, Ambient Lighting, rear window blinds, Tri Zone, Heated front & rear leather, Front & rear parking sensors, Electric Seats

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:01 pm

As I replied in you other exact same post, a bit of background would be helpful. And the problems your having don’t really seem that common.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:02 pm

I am glad to say I have none f the above.
For all my winging I seem to have been let off lightly compared to some others.
I would say that SUK very frequently deny problems. To wit the door protectors.
I URGE everyone with problems to report them to not only your dealers but to SUK IN WRITING (email will do as they keep them on record)
Only by doing this will they eventually have to admit faults that are commonly suffered from. They are finally beginning to give way on door guards.
KEEP UP THE PRESSURE or get your wallet out ~ Your. choice!
[color=#00

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm

KodiaqReslover wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:48 pm
I am requesting information from Skoda Kodiaq owners regarding three problem areas;
1. The fuse blowing on the 12 volt socket system
2. The pre-Sets on the radio disappearing.
3. The Disc brakes – excessive scoring of the Disc’s.
Skoda UK are in complete denial that the above problems exist,
If you have had problems with any or all of the above please P.M. me

You have repeated your post. WHY? please delete one.
I have deleted your e~dress & suggest you use the Private Message system on the forum and NOT publish your email address on a public forum which may cause you no end of trouble from 3rd parties.
It is not only Kodiaq owners/enthusiasts that read the forum. You may well open up yourself to phishing, spam or trolling.
Don't ask me how, but I believe some criminals can get all sorts of private details just from and email address by simply hacking into your computer via your email address.
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”