Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
vesku

Re: Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Post by vesku » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:40 pm

I really hope that after 6 months i don't have to experience all those issues what was in post above.
KOdiaq 2.0 Tsi DSG AWD Panroof and almost all extra (Finnish Exclusive model)

Editiongrey

Post by Editiongrey » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 am

Well my kodiaq has gone in for its second repair. SOS fault being corrected with a new wiring loop after they failed with software updates and now the gear leaver has failed. It stopped clicking into place when in park. 2 week wait to get the part on back order. I thought skoda was now a reliable brand.
1.4 TSI edition, quartz grey, sunroof reversing camera, kids pack, acc, heated windscreen and some other bits and bobs.

9k2/s53co

Post by 9k2/s53co » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi All,
just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar thing ?
I have noticed that when approaching obstacle, front sensor start reacting only when I am at aprox. 30cm..In my opinion, this is far to late ? When I drove test K and Superb, it started to beep even when I approached parking ramp..well, it sensed the metal box at the side. My K does not do that.
Seems I'll have to visit garage :cry:
If anyone had same problem and got it fixed, would be great to know what was the problem as I suspect I'll have to convience them somehow that sensors are "late" :?:

Regards, Tomi
Ordered May 3rd 2017; 2.0 TDI 150PS, Style DSG Lava Blue, 5 seats and number of add-ons.Delivery Feb 15th 2018 :)

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 am

9k2/s53co wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi All,
just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar thing ?
I have noticed that when approaching obstacle, front sensor start reacting only when I am at aprox. 30cm..In my opinion, this is far to late ? When I drove test K and Superb, it started to beep even when I approached parking ramp..well, it sensed the metal box at the side. My K does not do that.
Seems I'll have to visit garage :cry:
If anyone had same problem and got it fixed, would be great to know what was the problem as I suspect I'll have to convience them somehow that sensors are "late" :?:

Regards, Tomi
Me too Tomi but haven't given it much thought till I read your post - so I've added this to my little list for the dealers at the first service. Does anyone know if the front parking sensor is the same device as the front assist (which activates brakes if a collision is imminent)?
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 pm

No Parking sensors are not the same as front assist. I think the former is short range electronic sensor and the front assist is definitely a radar system.
I haven't had it forwards, but I can assure you the rear sensors will brake the car with neck snapping force if you ignore the red line and constant beep when going backwards. I have done it twice. second time this morning I was reversing towards a hedge (which would have done no damage) but the car banged the brakes on with an horrendous 'graunching' sound.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Grimbleweed

ABS problems - dashboard lighting up all over the place.

Post by Grimbleweed » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Bear in garage at moment. Various lights and beeps all surrounding abs hill hold auto off front assist. all come on then go out after a few minutes. Garage fitted new abs sensor but that didnt work - contacted VAG head office and they are now buying special adaptors to test the wiring before fitting a new ABS control module.. Anyone else with these issues. seems a bit sad at just 4,800 miles 10mths old as a VIP car at dealer in oxford.
Black Kodiaq SEL 1.4 tsp 150 fwd DSG May 17 delivery 2nd owner after garage demonstrator.

grgarg99

Re: Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>Air Bag and Emergency Call indication

Post by grgarg99 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 am

Air Bags and Emergency Call failure - Two days ago my airbag warning light as did my Emergency Call system waring came on and does so every start. Call in to my garage who stated that there is a known problem with the Emergency Call aerial.... but they had no idea about airbag warning light. Booked in for three days in order to investigate/obtain replacement parts if required.

Sharms

Post by Sharms » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 am

My car is going in on Tuesday.

Boot lid not closing fully, the latch catches at the first stage only on shutting and doesn't complete the final tightening. Took it to my local garage and was advised that this has been heard of, if I want a loaner car I have to wait till June, I could book it in as an emergency and they could take it in two weeks (this was on the 20th April). My car is on a company lease, lease company spoke to Skoda UK and a loan car will be available and my car will be required for two days. I have two gripes, firstly the boot not operating correctly with no cause for the effect and secondly the nonchalant attitude of the local dealer.

As for a squeaky drivers seat and some random non-working front parking sensors (yes they are clean) I'll be happy when the car is secure again and I don't have to have anxious 500 mile plus weekly commute.

MPG is better though, normally I use ECO and have seen 45+ around town and 52+ motorway. Now switched to Norm and achieving the same figures. Both require a light right foot and considered driving. Car is on 11k miles and I'm going to check the tires and get them up to 2.7 bar as per a posters suggestion earlier
Ordered 05/10/17 - Received 12/12/17 (nine weeks, five days)
SE L 150 TDi DSG seven seat, pano roof, ambo lights, rear camera, canton sound, black interior, Quartz Grey

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:26 am

Sparshatts perchance?
In future go for a drive to Meadens of Brockenhurst and get looked after properly. If I can drive from Poole to Brock it should not be too much bother from Southampton. ;)
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Sharms

Post by Sharms » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Correct, thanks for the recommendation Colin, I will keep that in mind
Ordered 05/10/17 - Received 12/12/17 (nine weeks, five days)
SE L 150 TDi DSG seven seat, pano roof, ambo lights, rear camera, canton sound, black interior, Quartz Grey

Return to “Faults & Technical”