Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
billbobaggins1

Re: Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Post by billbobaggins1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Door Protector broken on the passenger side and the drivers side also fell off on the same day; also front assist has been impaired twice now too, so back to dealers to get these fixed; was hoping not to have any problems with this car after my Zafira tourer... :(
Kodiaq SEL 1.4 4x4, 7 Seats, Pacific Blue, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Heated Windscreen, Heated Leather Seats, Colour DOT matrix,LED Pack.

Plugugly54

Post by Plugugly54 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

The faults that are developing on my 6 month old Kodiaq is getting Longer

Does anyone have any experience with the following:
1The city braking and pedestrian recognition system doesn't work at all.
2 The boot keeps opening on its own,(the keys are not in my pocket). I Park the car up and return to it later only to find the boot lid is open. this has happened 4 times now.
3 The car breaks for no apparent reason ,first the exploding car comes up on the dash then the car brakes, the worst time is when it happened on the motorway at 70mph and there wasn't anything in front or to the side of me, luckily there was nothing behind me too.
4. Whilst on the motorway all the driver assist systems turn them selves off, (the car is clean and no dirt to hinder the systems)
5. My MPG is returning an average 24MPG around town when advertised at 42 MPG Urban ,my old Superb with the illegal engine returned 36 MPG. I can only achieve 30MPG on a Motorway journey with car in eco mode and active cruise control engaged when it is advertised at 52MPG
6. the main beam assist only turns itself on if you are above 40mph and will turn itself off when it drops below 30mph (useless). the sales person told me it would work just like the Mercedes system i had seen ,the Skoda rep stated i should have read the hand book. The hand book wasn't out before i bought the car

After 4 inspections by Skoda technicians they have stated my car is working 'within expectations' as there is no record of a fault on the ECU. Skoda have wrote to me and stated if l called or rang them again They will log my call but won't answer me.
Bickerton Sheffield have offered to buy the car back off me but my 6 month £40,00 car is now valued at £27.500 as the new virtual dashboard is soon to be released and this has reduced my car to this price.
i am disgusted with Skoda and Bickerton and disappointed as i loved my superb and that was the reason i 'upgraded to the Kodiaq'

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Plugugly54 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

2 The boot keeps opening on its own,(the keys are not in my pocket). I Park the car up and return to it later only to find the boot lid is open. this has happened 4 times now.
3 The car breaks for no apparent reason ,first the exploding car comes up on the dash then the car brakes, the worst time is when it happened on the motorway at 70mph and there wasn't anything in front or to the side of me, luckily there was nothing behind me too.
4. Whilst on the motorway all the driver assist systems turn them selves off, (the car is clean and no dirt to hinder the systems)
5. My MPG is returning an average 24MPG around town when advertised at 42 MPG Urban ,my old Superb with the illegal engine returned 36 MPG. I can only achieve 30MPG on a Motorway journey with car in eco mode and active cruise control engaged when it is advertised at 52MPG
6. the main beam assist only turns itself on if you are above 40mph and will turn itself off when it drops below 30mph (useless). the sales person told me it would work just like the Mercedes system i had seen ,the Skoda rep stated i should have read the hand book. The hand book wasn't out before i bought the car

After 4 inspections by Skoda technicians they have stated my car is working 'within expectations' as there is no record of a fault on the ECU. Skoda have wrote to me and stated if l called or rang them again They will log my call but won't answer me.
Bickerton Sheffield have offered to buy the car back off me but my 6 month £40,00 car is now valued at £27.500 as the new virtual dashboard is soon to be released and this has reduced my car to this price.
i am disgusted with Skoda and Bickerton and disappointed as i loved my superb and that was the reason i 'upgraded to the Kodiaq'
Point 6 is not a fault, this is how HBA works, it has always been this way on VAG cars. Any Octavia or Superb manual from the last 4 years would have had this information in it.

1,3 & 4 are linked - you have a faulty module somewhere on your assist systems, this should log fault codes. Try a different dealer, all they should have to do is road test the vehicle to witness the behaviour. Tell them they can keep it a few days if needs be. There have been software updates as well for the Front Assist - my previous Kodiaq was subject to these and was built around the same time - July 2016.

Point 2 is an odd one - do you have virtual pedal? Have you tried keeping both of your sets of keys in those pouches with the inbuilt faraday cage?

Point 5 - you haven't specified what engine you have, but even so you should realise that no car gets near the published consumption figures - the test in itself is flawed and bears no resemblance to real world driving or consumption, but it is supposed to be a level playing field so you can compare between vehicles. What were the published figures for your Superb? The Kodiaq is always going to be less economical that a Superb - it is about as aerodynamic as a brick wall, which isn't good for fuel consumption.
30mpg on the motorway is not good, I am seeing 36-40mpg on a steady motorway run at 60mph on a 2.0TSi 4x4 DSG. What kind of speed are you driving at? Eco mode is a waste of time, leave it in normal mode, and you will get worse fuel economy using cruise as the car uses the brakes to slow down, which is just wasted fuel. Are your tyre pressures at 2.4 or the Eco setting of 2.7 bar? I have noticed a 3-5mpg improvement by running at 2.7 bar.

If your car was £40k you must have put a lot of extras on it, you never get your money back on those, the most expensive Kodiaq 6 months ago was £36k list for an Edition 4x4 7 seater?

For the record, my ex 6mth old Edition 7 seater 2.0TSi 4x4 DSG with just about every option on (DCC, ACC, Area View, Park Assist, Heated Windscreen & Washers, Heated Rear Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, TJA, Ventilated Seats, LED interior lighting, Virtual Pedal, Travel Assist) apart from the sunroof is on a forecourt for £31.5k - no doubt if someone walked in ready to do a deal they could get it for £30k, so £27.5k seems not too far off of the mark for a valuation.

What sensitivity have you got the Front Assist set to - I know some of the very early Kodiaqs came out of the factory with it set to 'Early', I have mine set to 'Late' as anything other than that is a bit too sensitive.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Plugugly54

Post by Plugugly54 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:54 pm

I have just posted a list of faults and didn't include the radio losing the presets as felt foolish but mine loses the radio and telephone presets regularly, annoying

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:33 pm

Plugugly54 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:54 pm
I have just posted a list of faults and didn't include the radio losing the presets as felt foolish but mine loses the radio and telephone presets regularly, annoying
Do you always use the same vehicle key, or do you swap between the keys?

Some personalisations are key specific, not saying this is the answer as others seem to have this issue as well, but I've never experienced it in either Kodiaq. More than likely a software update would fix this.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Sco77yboo

Post by Sco77yboo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:59 pm

My kodiaq has the worst creaks and squeeks inside the cabin. The dash creaks. All 4 door inserts creak when you press them or pull the handle to close the door. If you go over any bumps it rattles. It's my first skoda. Always had Audi but loved the look of this car. I just don't think mine has been put together properly in the cabin. Even the glove box when openned rattles. It feels very cheap inside the cabin. It's due to go in for a check up in 2 weeks. It will be my last skoda as it's just disappointing. Any body else have similar or is it just this one?

vesku

Post by vesku » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 am

There must be quite big quality variation because my K has no squeeks or rattles.
KOdiaq 2.0 Tsi DSG AWD Panroof and almost all extra (Finnish Exclusive model)

Sco77yboo

Post by Sco77yboo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:06 am

If you press the areas around the door handle like and around the speaker etc does it creak or is does it feel solid. Also if you press the air vents or dash does it creak. In the demo model everything felt really sold but not on mine. Even when music is a bit loud there is a vibration. Do you think is is not right. We had one of the first skodas late last year.

vesku

Post by vesku » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 am

Mine is build at first week October 2017. Maybe this has some influence?
KOdiaq 2.0 Tsi DSG AWD Panroof and almost all extra (Finnish Exclusive model)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Please see.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=360&p=8471#p8471

Plugugly54 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”