Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Colin Lambert

Re: Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE>

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am

Peter,Door guard. Have you tried pushing it in (not to hard) when it is fully extended. Others have said that it simply clips into place? I must be one of the few who have had no trouble with the door guards, thank goodness.

re DAB see thread here.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1267
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi Colin, I can just push the door protector the half inch onto the door when the door is fully opened but if I forget then I could easily catch on it. It should tug onto the door like the other 3 that work fine. Sods law that it's the driver's door. The dealer hasn't fixed it the first time so it's going in again. It might seem a trivial thing but when you have spent £38k on a car you do expect things to work properly. Have many owners had this problem? You would think there would be some adjustment on them.
2.0 TSI 180PS 4x4 DSG, Quartz Grey Edition with Pan Sunroof, Park Assist, Travel Assist, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen, Service plan and extended Warranty plus a few other goodies. :P Situated in sunny Beccles - Suffolk

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm

I must agree.
I know brand new models have teething problems, but from the complaints on this forum I think Skoda have let their customers and themselves down with the Kodiaq .
I count myself very lucky that the only problems I have had have been with the connectivity.
I would have expected Skoda to have sorted all the build quality problems out on the MY 18 build, but apparently not. Such a shame.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Paymaster

Post by Paymaster » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 am

For not at all the first time when I looked out on my K this morning the boot was wide open! It wasn’t when I locked it last night, it wasn’t when I checked it before going to bed but this morning it was open!

Anyone else have this problem?
190 DSG Edition 4x4 with ACC and other stuff in Petrol Blue

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 am

Yes,but only once. I think I squashed the key. Were you within 'KESSY' range? if not I would take it up with dealer and SUK customer services
[color=#00

KodiaqNZ

Post by KodiaqNZ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:28 am

Just got my car back from the dealers. They have repaired the trim with new double sided tape and windscreen goo. Hope it lasts.
'Storm Shadow'
Kodiaq Ambition+ 1.4 TSI 110 kW 4x4, Quartz Grey, Black Leather, Seven Seat. Tow Bar, Trailer Assist, Parking Assist, Blind Spot Monitor, Tinted Windows, Area View.
Ordered 31-05-17, Delivered 4-11-17. :D
Waikato, New Zealand

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 am
Yes,but only once. I think I squashed the key. Were you within 'KESSY' range? if not I would take it up with dealer and SUK customer services
Hope you've all seen the news recently that thieves can easily drive off with your K without needing your keys.
See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4213280 ... -on-camera

Time to get one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defender-Signa ... rfid+pouch or similar.

The missus isn't all too thrilled about having to hand over her key for safe keeping, but these cars are expensive enough to be a target for "vehicle re-appropriators". She'd be devastated to wake up to an empty driveway, so let's be safe and not be sorry.

If I am honest, I am not sure what problem was solved with these keyless entry systems. I subscribe to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle.
Now, as a consequence of some gung-ho engineer, we have to worry about our cars being nicked in the simplest of fashion.
I wonder what the insurance companies make of this, and how our policies may be affected.

Added benefit to storing fobs in the RFID pouch; no accidental boot opening.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 pm

See the thread ''How to nick a KESSY equipped Merc in 30 seconds, What about a Bear?"
full details.www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 30+seconds
[color=#00

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 pm
See the thread '...
Damn. I did try and find if this was already discussed. Couldn't find it.
The pouch works a treat.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

iwarv wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:59 pm
Hope you've all seen the news recently that thieves can easily drive off with your K without needing your keys.
Easily prevented - lock with the remote then touch the 'lock' button on the door handle within 5 seconds - it disables keyless entry.

I agree with you ref the RFID pouches though - I have one of these and even stood next to the car with the keys in the pouch you can press the buttons on the remote and nothing happens - so no accidental opening of boots or opening of all windows because you sat on your keys whilst they were in your pocket, or even worse, unlocking of the car.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Return to “Faults & Technical”