Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Raffa

Re: Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Post by Raffa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Went to check my car today ready for collection on the 1st, and this was the first thing I looked out for. Thankfully all the door cards look to have been fitted properly and no gaps on mine.

Although, I dont know if was me, but i am sure i could hear a creak when pulling the internal handle to close the door. Creak as in the plastic making a noise when pulling on it. Hopefully this was me being over cautious and not the start of the problem that has been highlighted here.
Ordered 1st June, Delivered 17th Aug, Picking up 1st Sept

Edn TDI 150 7 Seat DSG (MY18), Quartz Grey, Int Light / Tech / Chld's Pack, Frnt & Rear Parking Sensors, E'tric Frnt Seat, Tri-Zne Climate Control, Rear View Camera, Anthracite Triglav's :D

romanv

Post by romanv » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Nope . It's there. For everybody :(

This video is in Slovenian language but the guy tells that the plastic is too hard and that's the reason for creaking.
https://youtu.be/SiOXm5fN_ts?t=278

igi_79

Post by igi_79 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:36 am

Proof from Skoda that they are aware of bad handlebar design - this is service manual update (from Czech skoda forum) saying that from W4/2017 there is a new version of part wich has additional element that needs to be removed with pliers before redesigned part is installed into old door panel - which has no matching slot.

ordered: 2nd August 2017 | expected: W12/2018 -> W9/2018 -> W21/2018 -> W22/2018
Kodiaq Ambition Plus 2.0TDI 140kW 4x4 DSG, DCC, 18" Triton, Amundsen + DAB + Qi, color MaxiDot, RVC, sport steering wheel, Mistral decoration

Savage

Post by Savage » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 pm

A couple of weeks after new door cards fitted, and small signs that the creak will return :(
Won't be my problem now, as I am getting rid of the K, but a pity to see that its likely to be back.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Gosh! That must be the shortest ownership on record. Are your really that p*ssed off with it?
What are you replacing it with?
Sorry to see you go.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

magmyra

Post by magmyra » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 am

Hi all. Just to light up the discussion a bit. I picked up my Kodiaq yesterday.
I can't find any of the faults in this thread. So there is hope...

JoHn
- - -
Ordered April, BW32, MY 2018 (delivered 14 Sept, Sweden). Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style, 4x4 DSG 190ps, Black Magic, 7 seats, leather, panoramic sunroof, Business pack, towing pack, family pack etc.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am

Great! I think you will find that most of us that have had problems and mine were negligible in the great scheme of things, were those of us 'early adopters' who ordered blind last year.
After build week 22 Skoda seem to have got their act together, As far as I am aware there far fewer whinges on post week 22 cars.
It always happens with brand new models. Always some niggles that haven't been ironed out in spite of the 1000s of miles of testing.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

enzoru

Post by enzoru » Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi guys,

I've just got myself a Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 150ps DSG. Great car.

I didn't buy mine new, mainly because I found a great offer on a used one and because I needed it quite urgently, so I couldn't wait months for it. Because of that, I had to give up on having ACC. I'll have to live with standard CC. Wouldn't have minded front parking sensors, too. But hey.

My car was first registered in May 2017. I decoded the VIN and the year of manufacture is 2017, though the decoder does not come up with a month of manufacture.

I came across this thread because, being slightly OCD (and also coming from VW Golf GT), I noticed right away that the material used for the doors handles and cards is quite cheap. Quite disappointing. The handles creak every time they're grabbed. And in general all the more plastic materials (like the piano inserts, the air vents, etc) are quite "creaky" when touched.

My local Skoda say they don't have any record of this issue and Skoda does not have a TPI (known problem on record) for it. Yet the Kodiaq and the Karoq they had on display in the showroom had both the same issue! They said they couldn't get the doors to creak. Nonsense. I was used to an utterly silent cabin, so now the creaks and the occasional vibrating noise drive me mad.

Anyone got this issue fixed via warranty? Anything I can show to my local dealer?

I have just been in a Skoda Superb with the same handles and inserts, and they are firm and silent. I think it's just crazy that a car like the Kodiaq has those cheap-feeling doors.

Thanks for any kind of help you may able to provide.

Vince
Skoda Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 150ps DSG 7 Seats - Quartz Grey (Manufactured in 2017)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Steve.
This (creaky door pulls) is a very common problem. Skoda are well aware of it and members have had the complete door cards replaced under warranty.
You don't give you location or the name of your dealer. He is either ignorant or trying to fob you off.
Tell him many owners on this forum have had the problem and have had them replaced under warranty. (Search on this thread creaking door handles)
Or find another Skoda dealer that knows what he is talking about
Ring Skoda Customer services 0330037504.
Finally. Please put your location on you profile and details of car on your signature. This will help others help you.
Good luck.
[color=#00

enzoru

Post by enzoru » Wed May 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi Colin,

Thanks. Updated my profile as per your instructions, sir! :)

I told them about this forum and this thread, with many having had their door cards replaced under warranty. They are not even the ones who sold me the car. Meh.

I'll ring customer services, thanks.

Vince (not Steve :D)
Skoda Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 150ps DSG 7 Seats - Quartz Grey (Manufactured in 2017)

Return to “Faults & Technical”