Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
enzoru

Re: Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Post by enzoru » Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Also curious to know if those who had doors handles and cards replaced under warranty eventually saw the problem fixed for good, or if the problem eventually came back because the design is wrong altogether?
Skoda Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TDI 150ps DSG 7 Seats - Quartz Grey (Manufactured in 2017)

enzoru

Post by enzoru » Wed May 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Ring Skoda Customer services 03330037504.
How funny: they, like my local dealer, said they know absolutely nothing about this issue. I told them that's very strange since there are dozens of UK customers lamenting the issue and that got replacements under warranty. Meh.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 am

That, I'm afraid, is typical. They always abrogate their responsibility. But at least you have logged it.
You could ring back and ask to speak to someone in the executive office. That is a couple of rungs up the food chain.
Don't give up with your dealer keep pushing him.
If you get absolutely nowhere with either the dealer or SUK. tell them both you will go to BBC Watchdog!! Then you might get some action!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Shocks

Post by Shocks » Fri May 11, 2018 3:37 pm

got my car booked in with the dealership to fix the door handle noise issue - it's not a big deal tbh but it shouldn't happen. it doesn't happen on my daughters 2004 ford fusion!
Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

enzoru

Post by enzoru » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Still battling for this. Might have to step up to the next level.

Anyway, curious to see if anyone else notices that pretty much all the plastic in the vehicle creaks when touched; by this I mean air vents, the plastic around the gear stick, and all the similar components.

I am honestly shocked by these things. I've been in Skoda Superb, Octavia and others. All recent models, and all of them show absolutely better quality plastic inside.

@Shocks: any chance I may know the dealership that fixed you and a case number? I am trying to build a list of precedents, since SUK keep saying there's no record of this issue being fixed under warranty.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Door protectors were not warranty items according to my dealer unless I could prove they weren’t damaged by something like a small child running into them (I kid you not). I did get them repaired after a call or two to Skoda UK as a good will gesture ( read into this what you want, I take it as Skoda know wthey have an issue but they will not admit it).

Some people seem to have had them repaired under warranty, others have fought for it. My dealer did say that several customers paid the £218 (estimated) for the repair, more fool them.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Legomann

Post by Legomann » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 pm

I’m just about to pick mine up. Can anyone say how I can demonstrate / test this before i drive off?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am

I had a long call from Ms Nazir (Customer Relations Manager ) on Tuesday re door protectors/tailgate opening. She is dealing with two other complaints besides mine and is not aware how many her colleagues are dealing with?
There was no mention of NOT being a warranty claim.
My dealer ordered the 'new improved' fixing kit over 3 months ago.
It turns out they do no not exist yet as the Techies are "still working on it" How long does it take for Gawds sake??
HOWEVER.... the original kit IS available to order so hopefully Meadens have done so.
Regarding my misbehaving tailgate opening 'handle' actually decided to NOT work when I called in on Meadens last Sunday, so they now know I am not imagining it!
Ms Nazir is speaking to Meadens about both the above problems.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”