Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Savage

Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Post by Savage » Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 am

Two problems already discussed on here have now come to light on my Kodiaq.

1. This morning I went to go shopping, only to discover my drivers door wouldn't close.
A check revealed the door protector was fouling, so I applied the solution I said I would in that event, all door protectors were removed.

2. The door handles assembly, all creek when grabbing, which I wasn't happy with, but now they appear to be coming away/not properly assembled.

Rear drivers side door is the only one that looks OK, although not perfect and creeks:

Rear passenger side door:

Drivers door:

And the worst, the passenger front:

Needless to say I will be contacting someone soon :(
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

romanv

Re: Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Post by romanv » Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 am

So sad. It's a real lego car :(

When I purchased my Grand Scenic it was a new model and it didn't have any child diseases. Excellent car with quality build. For +50% more expensive car I expect at least the same quality. And no big problems, too,

I've been told by my colleagues that Octavia has similar problems that has never been improved. So if it is a constructional problem, we will be constantly visiting Skoda service and in a long-term satisfaction of Skoda owners may fall. While I can eliminate squeaking by turning on Canton, I can't do anything regarding faulty handles and doors. I hope Skoda Slovenija is capable of fixing it for good,.

Slowly I am becoming afraid that ordering Sorento or waiting for Koleos would be better decision. But there is no turning back for me - without loosing 1000 eur. Next week it's my production week and I am having my fingers crossed that all those problems will be solved. Or I may become very disatisfied with Skoda. Damn, why was I so over-hyped?

Skoda, just dont f*** with me!!!!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat May 27, 2017 8:36 am

Bumma!
Savage,
Please keep us up to speed on what happens. This seems to be getting all too frequent. Mine is fine at the moment but I must admit doesn't feel the most secure of structures.
Will all those who have this problem (Interior door pulls only please on this thread) please report on this thread and we can then send the facts to SUK.
Thanks.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Savage

Post by Savage » Sat May 27, 2017 6:43 pm

romanv wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 am
So sad. It's a real lego car :(

When I purchased my Grand Scenic it was a new model and it didn't have any child diseases. Excellent car with quality build. For +50% more expensive car I expect at least the same quality. And no big problems, too,

I've been told by my colleagues that Octavia has similar problems that has never been improved. So if it is a constructional problem, we will be constantly visiting Skoda service and in a long-term satisfaction of Skoda owners may fall. While I can eliminate squeaking by turning on Canton, I can't do anything regarding faulty handles and doors. I hope Skoda Slovenija is capable of fixing it for good,.

Slowly I am becoming afraid that ordering Sorento or waiting for Koleos would be better decision. But there is no turning back for me - without loosing 1000 eur. Next week it's my production week and I am having my fingers crossed that all those problems will be solved. Or I may become very disatisfied with Skoda. Damn, why was I so over-hyped?

Skoda, just dont f*** with me!!!!
Well I wouldn't be to worried. I am guessing a teething problem exasperated by trying to keep production lines running on schedule.
I have had 3 brand new Octavia's previous to this, not one had any manufacturing defects like this.
Just to be clear the creaking is only just audible when using the handle, not when driving.
Hopefully Skoda will correct it without fuss and satisfactorily. It is annoying but these things can happen on new models, the test is how they deal with it.
I still see people in brand new Nissans, Kias, Discos, etc. and think I made a better decision .... for now :lol:

romanv

Post by romanv » Sat May 27, 2017 7:13 pm

When I showed my post to my wife, she just laughed loudly. She said she couldn't remember when she had laughed so much. She said to me to calm down and actually I did.

Drew

Post by Drew » Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

I have the issue with my drivers door grab handle coming away a few mm and waiting for my new rear door panel so the dealer will look at it. Nearly two weeks wait so far!
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 edition 4x4 DSG with electric tow bar, canton system, spare wheel, heated front screen, quartz grey - arriving at Arbury Leamington Spa Monday and collecting Thursday 6th April.

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Well the car goes in to be looked at tomorrow, then I guess they report to Skoda warranty claims and I wait to see what they say. :roll:

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:10 pm

I agree with Roman. I think it is down to being a brand new model etc.
I have had 4 Skodas +Kodiaq and not one fault on any of them.
I'm sure it will all be ok.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:33 pm

I already said its likely teething issues, but I will also say the door handles do feel cheap.
I guess the trouble is they use the same parts on a 23k base model as they do the top of the range one costing 70% more.

romanv

Post by romanv » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:24 pm

The problem with handles will definitely occur in some not so distant future if the design is really wrong.

Return to “Faults & Technical”