Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Failure to Start

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Skoda__Kodiaq 
#1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Kodiaq and will definitely be upgrading to another Skoda in the future. However I encountered my first problem yesterday regarding a dead battery, I didn't think too much of it so I charged the battery using a Car Battery Charger, all was good and took it for 2 drives last night. Today tho I went down to the car and it wouldn't start at all. All electrics came on but the engine wouldn't turn over, it didn't even try. So there the Kodiaq was back on the charger and after 9 hours, it started again. Went for a decent drive and came back home and didn't have any problems in that time. Then later on I got a call from my brother who said he had fallen off his bike quite badly and needed help getting back home, down to the Garage and the Kodiaq wouldn't start again. All electrics did work tho and I could even put the car into gear, just no engine Turing over. I haven't been able to get it started since. When I turned the car off, the 360 camera didn't turn off either, I had to re-start the electrics and then it off manually. I'm quite worried that there is something seriously wrong with my Bear and Was wondering if anyone here had an idea on what may cause this problem to occur.

Also note: had a dash cam hard wired to the car and a battery extender, I have unplugged the camera as of last night.

Car is a 2018 Kodiaq Sportline 2.0TSI (build date is 3 years old in 10 days, I'm wondering if I just need to replace the battery and how much that would cost me?

Thanks and I really appreciate any help!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.