Tailgate closing from inside car is it possible

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
tjxkeith

Tailgate closing from inside car is it possible

Post by tjxkeith » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 pm

I know this can be programmed on Skoda Superb 3 using VagPro.
I couldn’t do it on mine didn’t have the right software version in my Controller.

Anyone know if this can programmed on the Kodiaq.

old man

Re: Tailgate closing from inside car is it possible

Post by old man » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 am

Don't know if it's the same on all models, but I can open the tailgate via a switch on the lower part of the drivers door and it can also be done via the key fob.

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:20 am

Mine closes from the internal button as standard.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:34 am

What they said!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

tjxkeith

Post by tjxkeith » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Just to confirm I want to close the tailgate from the switch on the door, it seems to open it on all models.
But the other person that replied can open and close using the switch. Probably a later production change.
As it’s keyless entry aka KESSY key fob lives in zipped case to prevent operating accidentally when in jeans pocket and never comes out.

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:57 pm

tjxkeith wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 pm
Just to confirm I want to close the tailgate from the switch on the door, it seems to open it on all models.
But the other person that replied can open and close using the switch. Probably a later production change.
As it’s keyless entry aka KESSY key fob lives in zipped case to prevent operating accidentally when in jeans pocket and never comes out.
Mines 2018 what year and model is yours?
Hope it’s not a Faraday case/ pouch your keeping you key in, as its not working if you can open doors and start with key in it. :D
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

old man

Post by old man » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:05 pm

It might help if you told us what model and year your car is.
Mine is a 2018 SE L that same as KennyR and the switch on my door both opens and closes the tailgate.
Are you sure you're using it correctly i.e. the switch is pulled to open the boot and once open, it has to be pulled again to close the boot. You not push the switch to close the boot.

ajharvey

Post by ajharvey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:15 am

tjxkeith wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 pm
On mine you must pull and hold the switch on the front door to close the boot. If you release it the boot stops closing. I presumed this was a safety feature. Opening requires only a momentary pull.
Kodiaq Style - 2.0 TSI - Panaromic sunroof - Factory towball - Quartz grey - Sirius wheels

tjxkeith

Post by tjxkeith » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Great yes now got to close by holding it longer. Many Thanks

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 pm

RTFM :lol:
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00