Wing mirror dropping in reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Sdot

Wing mirror dropping in reverse

Post by Sdot » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi all,

New owner to my Kodiaq last week. Love driving it!

However I’ve noticed that while the wing mirror drops/tilts to the angle I set it to; it doesn’t seem to rise back up when I start to drive again. I’ve read the manual a few times to see if I’m doing something wrong but I can’t seem to find anything.

Anyone got a clue or is there something wrong?

Thanks,

Sdot
Kodiaq Sportline Grey Quartz 2.0 TDI 190 4x4 DSG

MrNice

Re: Wing mirror dropping in reverse

Post by MrNice » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Does it not revert at all? It should revert after you drive in a forward gear over a set speed (sorry can't remember exact speed, but it's not that fast)
Kodiaq Edition 4x4 2.0TDI 150PS DSG

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:52 pm

MrNice wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm
Does it not revert at all? It should revert after you drive in a forward gear over a set speed (sorry can't remember exact speed, but it's not that fast)
15kmh or 9.32mph in old money.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Sdot

Post by Sdot » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, after a little bit of speed the mirror should angle back to what was set.

Typically though (and thankfully) the car played nice today and did come back to the original set position after I reversed :)
Kodiaq Sportline Grey Quartz 2.0 TDI 190 4x4 DSG

J-R

Post by J-R » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:31 am

Unfortunately, I need to revive this thread...

I finally got around to activating this feature and setting it as per the instructions. It works reliably: when I go into reverse (with the mirror knob set to the passenger side), the mirror tilts down to the set position to show me the kerb. HOWEVER, it is not reverting to normal position. According to the manual, it should return to its position after driving forward at >15kph. However, the mirror is consistently NOT returning to normal position even after driving for some distance at normal speeds (50+ kph).

I either have to re-adjust it manually or press and hold the memory button for my seat settings, which brings the mirror back to its normal position. Setting the mirror knob to a setting other than passenger side does not put the mirror back either (the manual said this should work too).

This happens consistently. The manual offers no further explanation.

Any more ideas, anyone? This is the first actual problem I am having with my new Kodiaq.

Thanks,
JR

mirror.png

2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:45 am

It was one thing I wished I'd ordered, glad I didn't waste my money. With all these annoying little electrical problems Skoda must be paying the little Gremlins overtime!! :lol:
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 pm

It works for me with no issues.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Kennyw87

Post by Kennyw87 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 pm

I have the same problem as JR. I’ve set my memory seats and mirrors, select reverse and passenger mirror dips but maybe 1 in 15 times it reverts back to normal. I usually have to press the memory seat number to get it back to normal.
2.0 tsi edition 4x4 DSG velvet red. Sirius alloys, pan roof, canton, area view, LED pack, heated windscreen self park.

J-R

Post by J-R » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:27 am

Kennyw87 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 pm
I have the same problem as JR. I’ve set my memory seats and mirrors, select reverse and passenger mirror dips but maybe 1 in 15 times it reverts back to normal. I usually have to press the memory seat number to get it back to normal.
You described my situation exactly. I disabled the feature in Settings and that's that. Not important enough an issue to waste time with the dealer.

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Don't have this feature on my Kodiaq, but on my previous Superb it operated perfectly all the time.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

Return to “Faults & Technical”