Braking issues (or lack thereof)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
205GTi

Braking issues (or lack thereof)

Post by 205GTi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:10 am

Hi all,

After three happy weeks with my new Kodiaq (covered just over 500 miles), my wife took it on the school run this morning for the first time. The school drop off is on a downward facing hill and she put the parking brake on so that the juniors could disembark. When they were out, she put it into drive and released the parking brake. Almost immediately another car pulled out in front of her and she hit the brakes only for nothing happen. She had the peace of mind to flick the parking brake and it stopped dead.

It is being picked up by the dealer to take a look but i was wondering if this is something anyone else has experienced?

Thanks
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.5 DSG Business Grey

ChristianScout190

Re: Braking issues (or lack thereof)

Post by ChristianScout190 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Most braking systems are vacuum power assisted. If there is a vacuum leak, any stored vacuum would have been lost without the engine running. It sounds like this lack of braking happened almost immediately after the engine would have restarted. Either way that is a serious fault.
Scout 190 TDI 4x4 DSG
Gaffer tape is like 'the force'... It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Plodd

Re: Braking issues (or lack thereof)

Post by Plodd » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm

I must ask why you would manually put the brake on and off?

I just leave it to it's own devices and it works just fine.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi DSG SE in Moon White. F/R sensors, Towbar and folding mirrors.

Return to “Faults & Technical”