VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Jezza3432

Re: VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Post by Jezza3432 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Quick update.

Took my car to my local Skoda dealer & they were excellent - great customer service :)

They advised me the VW 1.5 TSI throttle/kangaroo issue is expecting a Q2 fix.

They also adjusted my auto parking brake which was releasing too late making the biting point hard to judge/unpredictable.

This has made it easier to balance clutch and accelerator when the car is cold to avoid kangaroo hopping & easier to pull away quickly without it bogging down with too low revs.

Just need that fix in Q2.

the_osco

Post by the_osco » Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Jezza3432 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm
Quick update.

Took my car to my local Skoda dealer & they were excellent - great customer service :)

They advised me the VW 1.5 TSI throttle/kangaroo issue is expecting a Q2 fix.

They also adjusted my auto parking brake which was releasing too late making the biting point hard to judge/unpredictable.

This has made it easier to balance clutch and accelerator when the car is cold to avoid kangaroo hopping & easier to pull away quickly without it bogging down with too low revs.

Just need that fix in Q2.
Did they give you more explanation about that?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue May 14, 2019 4:05 pm

When I picked up my second Karoq a couple of weeks ago I asked about the 1.5 'fix'. I was told that VAG had issued it and almost immediately withdrew it as being not fit for purpose. So we w a i t! & w a i t!
So saying, I have been lucky, neither of my Karoqs with DSG have suffered from the Kangaroo syndrome. It appears to affect the manuals more than the DSGs.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 am

You're already on your second Karoq? Jesus!
BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 am

Unfortunately, he didn't pay for it! :lol:
Couldn't do without my pan roof any longer!! Not now the sun is out!
It's an Edition so it has quite a few more toys than the SE L and abetter colour...Petrol Blue. Also 4WD which I really don't need, but 2WD Editions are no longer available in Blighty. about 3MPG worse than the 2WD SE L
It wasn't new. It had been the Service Managers car, but only 2 months old and 1300 miles on the odo. save me nearly £2k on list

ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Paul Bailey

Post by Paul Bailey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27 am

Disgusting customer care!

1.5 Kodiaq has got a confirmed engine fault which causes me to “bunny hop” when cold and stall due to irregular revving. Confirmed and replicated by Skoda technicians.

Skoda deem the car safe but my car insurance have stated if I were to crash and it’s linked to the fault they wouldn’t pay out. I informed Skoda UK and my case handler who used to work in insurance confirmed my insurance was correct in their stance.

Skoda UK have taken the hire car from me and left me with a car I cannot drive due to insurance. Current estimate on the vehicle repair is minimum of 8 weeks. Issues have been present since I bought it brand new in January. Faults were known by VAG since 2017.

I have processed a rejection of the car with VW finance 15 days ago and so far they have not lifted a finger. Skoda complaint regional manager has told me that VW finance are lying to me as they must make a decision on the finance and not the garage who sold me a vehicle.

Car still faulty, insurance null and void, no hire car and no return of finance payments. Absolutely disgusting service!!!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 am

That certainly is disgusting service. Why have they removed the courtesy car?
I would INSIST they give it back.
Frankly, if I was treated like that I would start legal action.
I would have thought under the sale of goods act your dealer should give you a loan car. Unfortunately the stupid laws in this country put the onus on the retailer for goods that are faulty from the manufacturer. I think this is most unfair. It is not your dealers fault, but Skoda's. However, the law states that the responsibility for sorting out this unbelievable mess rests with your dealer.
Good luck! Do keep us up to speed.
[color=#00

Paul Bailey

Post by Paul Bailey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:17 pm

I have today started legal action. VW finance who I pay the PCP to said it’s garage who need to accept back and the garage say vice versa.

In the middle is Skoda Uk who make the call on hire cars etc and their stance is the car is safe and my insurance are wrong🤷‍♂️

Dealer has given me a demonstration car but that’s literally for a couple days.

Trading standards advised me under 2015 consumer act that the garage and finance company are liable so it’s full steam ahead now.

Car dangerous and illegal to drive and left immobile it’s shocking.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Well done,
I'm glad I got to S of Gs act right.
Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
[color=#00

Paul Bailey

Post by Paul Bailey » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:49 am

VW Finance have accepted a rejection of the vehicle their response was “Defective from Manufacturing”.

I have received my deposit back and have raised a complaint with the financial Ombudsman to gain back all my payments under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

My friend who is a Seat Master Tech was correct that software updates would not fix the fault hence the reason they cannot repair it.

I completed a subject access request and have an email stating they would accept the finance rejection on the 28th of May but was only informed on the 10th July ( so they could get further payments the slags). I was then informed on the 12th July that British Car Auctions would inspect and collect the vehicle, when I called them they had no record and this took a further 15 days to arrange ( again to cause another payment the slags).

In summary if you have a fault skip past the dealership, Manufacturer and go straight to finance company and request a rejection of the Finance on grounds the vehicle is confirmed faulty and has no estimated repair time.

I will update on how I get on with the Ombudsman and will gladly PM people my old VRN to help you win your fights 👌🏻

Skoda Kodiaq, 68 Plate, bought brand new, 1.5 TSI, SE 7 seater. The dealership who did nothing to help and washed their hands of me is Westover Gp Salisbury.

Return to “Faults & Technical”