First service today

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Jonnoa

First service today

Post by Jonnoa » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Just had my Kodiaq in for it first service today, yet again it has to go back in due to them not being able to update the software, VW servers have been down today, why should we now have to take the time out twice to sort this out, once to take the vehicle in a then to collect it.
While it was as in for its service the following issues were reported.
Passenger door guard had fallen off again in the past month, this time when it did, we had not noticed and therefor it was lost. The garage stated it was not a warrant fault but had come off due to miss use, £180 + Vat + fitting to replace it. You have to be joking.
Driver side door guard not sitting tight to door, this has already been replaced once, this time told it is within tolerance, only time will tell when this one falls off and gets lost.
We also had an extra passenger in the bottom off the offside boot light, a spider, spread eagled on the lens cover, was told this was not a warranty issue and would have to pay for a replacement lens if we did not want it there. Surely on a £35,000 vehicle we should not have to look at a spider, mind you small, every time we go neat the boot on a vehicle that is only months old and still under warranty. Never had this happen in over 35 years of driving surely it is a fault, otherwise you would see it a lot more.
Anybody’s thoughts please.

20181025_192211.jpg

Kodiaq July 2017 2.0TDI 190 SE L 4x4 DSG 7ST Moon White

Colin Lambert

Re: First service today

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Don't stand for this cr@p re the door guards.
Skoda are fully aware that this is a common problem Mine was done FOC as have others been. DO NOT PAY. Argue with the dealer, tell them you will take it up with Skoda UK. 0333 003 7504 Ring them and ask to speak to a customer service MANAGER. Feel free to use my name as having had it done under warranty. Lay it on thick.. Not fit for purpose, £30K car etc etc!!
Good luck.
Let us know how you get on. If we keep quiet about this outrageous bit of rubbish they will deny all knowledge.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:14 pm

I also got the ‘miss use’ line from the dealer regarding the protector, I went to Skoda Exec office as suggested by Colin and they replaced it free of charge as a good will gesture and not a warranty claim, they made this very clear, I assume this is due to them not taking liabilty.

Mine was serviced recently and since they have touched it I have had a list of faults which I believe are either battery related or a software update, so be wary. Mines back in on Monday for overnight charge and diagnostics, the dealer threatened me if they don’t think it’s a warranty claim I will be hit with a £90 bill for the diagnostics, that led to an interesting discussion regarding a warranty claim or a claim for damages against the dealer as it was good when it went in.

I can but imagine this won’t be an easy process.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 am

Thank you for your advice, I have reported my issues to Skoda UK and they are going to investigate this and come back to me with in 24-48 hours.
Watch this space.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:37 am

I really do wish that Skoda would 'man up', admit these door protectors, whilst a good idea are simply not fit for purpose.
They have been telling be for months that they are working on a new system for them. I just wonder if they are redesigning the whole car round new door protectors. How long does it FGS??
Strange that all that long time ago they decided the Karoq should not have them!! Perhaps Karoq doors never get hit against a wall??
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm

I have just heard back from Skoda.
The good news is that they are going to replace the rear light cluster with the spider in.
The bad news is they will not replace the door protector that half of it has fallen off, they state ‘this was caused by outside influences and therefore not cover by warranty’.
They state that is the garage that make the finial decision, NOT SKODA, I disagreed with them but so far, they will not budge.
As the vehicle is under a lease agreement with VW finance and it is there vehicle, I will try that direction.
As for me having to make 2 more visits one to drop off and another to collect the vehicle due to them not being able to carry out the software update when it was in for its service, they brush this under the carpet.
NOT Impressed.

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Now reported to VW Finance who own the vehicle.
Lets see if this makes a difference.

offroader

Post by offroader » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Mine went in for a first service today too. The rear lights on the rear door are full of flies, the garage, Thompson and Potter, Perth said that it was not their job to remove them without payment and so I phoned Skoda customer services. They said that flies in the lights are "a characteristic of the car" and they would not sanction any work to remove then either! How did you manage to get them to replace the lights due to a spider?

The garage also failed to achieve the software update but they did lend me a car to get home in. I haven't from them since and so I've no idea when it might be fit for collection!

Very poor service.
Offroader.
Kodiaq SEL TDI 190 bhp Magnetic Brown.

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 am

Think I will wait a bit until this software issue is resolved , where abouts are the flies actually in the rear light cluster like the spider was ?
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:39 am

Jonnoa wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm
I have just heard back from Skoda.
The good news is that they are going to replace the rear light cluster with the spider in.
The bad news is they will not replace the door protector that half of it has fallen off, they state ‘this was caused by outside influences and therefore not cover by warranty’.
They state that is the garage that make the finial decision, NOT SKODA, I disagreed with them but so far, they will not budge.
As the vehicle is under a lease agreement with VW finance and it is there vehicle, I will try that direction.
As for me having to make 2 more visits one to drop off and another to collect the vehicle due to them not being able to carry out the software update when it was in for its service, they brush this under the carpet.
NOT Impressed.
I would ring customer services again (speak to a customer services MANAGER) remind them that loads of forum members have had these door guards either simply fall off or not retract properly, get trapped on shutting the door and simply ping off.
You can quote my name if you wish a as having them replaced F.O.C.
You might care to tell them to PROVE it was caused by 'outside influences', since so many people have had problems as above.
I am not in the habit of giving names of Skoda personnel out on a public forum but this attitude of theirs is really starting to get up my nose so I will p.m. you a couple of names including one in Europe.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RECEIVE ( or not) THE P.M. AS I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE SYSTEM. THANKS.
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”