Start / Stop error

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
FoxtrotAlpha

Start / Stop error

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Since my first service (20k) last week I have had issues with:

1. Flat battery/message telling me to drive car to charge battery.

2. Tyre pressure warning

3. Start / Stop error warning.

The faults I would suggest are linked as I believe the start/stop error could be linked to battery charge.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so was it resolved?

Would the service include a software/firmware update on the ECU and could that cause an error?

What could they have done during the service to cause this?

I will be returning it back to Skoda ro resolve but I would like to understand the possible/likely causes before I go and they spin me some BS.

Any suggestions welcome.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

exSantaFe

Re: Start / Stop error

Post by exSantaFe » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am

I had a Start/Stop error this morning. I've had battery issues lately and the car has let me down twice in the last month, requiring a jump start. I rang the dealer and he booked me in to get a new more powerful battery and some other power module to be replaced. He said it was a known issue and they have had a number of cars back to upgrade the battery. Mine is a late 2017 model.
2.0 TDI 150 DSG Ambition - Business Grey

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:29 pm

exSantaFe wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am
I had a Start/Stop error this morning. I've had battery issues lately and the car has let me down twice in the last month, requiring a jump start. I rang the dealer and he booked me in to get a new more powerful battery and some other power module to be replaced. He said it was a known issue and they have had a number of cars back to upgrade the battery. Mine is a late 2017 model.
Thanks
Somewhere in Scotland.

Vaclav^2

Post by Vaclav^2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:46 pm

It could have happened after the service when the battery wasn't great anyway. I've had it happen when I did low mileage at a VAG garage. I just topped it up myself with a battery charger.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Vaclav^2 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:46 pm
It could have happened after the service when the battery wasn't great anyway. I've had it happen when I did low mileage at a VAG garage. I just topped it up myself with a battery charger.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Somewhere in Scotland.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:37 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:29 pm
exSantaFe wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am
Thanks
Thanks for this reply, they replaced the power module and returned my car and it seemed to have resolved the issue right up to the point it failed and stranded the Mrs in the middle of nowhere. They took it back in and changed the battery and so far it seems to be OK.

When I originally took it in I mentioned to the dealer it was a known issue and they took no notice but it was good to know before going in.
Somewhere in Scotland.

Return to “Faults & Technical”