Re: Full led headlights too low

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Fuzzz wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:59 pm
FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 pm
Fuzzz wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:36 pm
Here is nothing to do with AUTO on or Off. Crhristianscout is complaining about factory aiming. It's typical for skoda to aim the lights too low or too high...its the build quality question. But maybe its due to led which cutoff is pretty sharp and seems its to low. Mine are pretty ok ....but maybe just have to make quarter of turn to raise the beam...there are few knobs where you can adjust the headlight...I personally dont want to mess with this :)
Sorry for trying to help and trying to suggest possible issues and solutions.
Hey sorry Foxtrotalpha didn't want to hurt anybody...I just know what Christianscout wanted to say...at least I hope...
No worries. I was Just pointing out one reason why the automatic headlights may not be behaving. Not everyone knows how some of the bizarre Skoda logic works. It’s logical to assume that the Auto setting just turns them on when it’s dark and in reality it does allot more.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Rudge 250

Post by Rudge 250 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi, I have a Kodiaq with full led lights, you are correct they do have 3 positions, they are fully automatic and change by gathering data from as far as I understand the windscreen sensor and the radar sensor in the grill. This system is not the same as the automatic dip function where you select main beam and it dips when it detects another on coming vehicle or you enter a well lit area, or the light assist function which turns on the lights in poor daylight, this function is adjustable in the menu and has 3 settings , early , medium & late, rain assist is also in the same menu. Vehicle - Lights - Settings.
Getting back to the original post, I have the same problems with poor lights when using Dip, they start off fine and self level but when getting to a dark stretch of road when it is not possible to use main beam I struggle to see far enough ahead as the lights do not appear to change their settings from urban and have a wide spread which gives no depth of vision.
I have taken it back to the dealer twice, yesterday for 2 hours, I had to explain to them how the system works and all they said was there are no fault codes, and could I provide video evidence!!!!
I find this is very disappointing that the technical staff have so little knowledge of the vehicles they are working on it is not as if the AFS system is new it has been around for some time, this must be due to lack of training by Skoda which is a shame. Simply Clever! I don't think so.

ChristianScout190

Post by ChristianScout190 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:20 pm

Yep, exactly the same here......doesnt work.

Have resorted to winding the lights up so the just tickle the underside of the car infront.
Scout 190 TDI 4x4 DSG
Gaffer tape is like 'the force'... It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Return to “Faults & Technical”