Hand brake sticking on

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
SteveB

Hand brake sticking on

Post by SteveB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I had a real problem recently.

BigSilv

Re: Hand brake sticking on

Post by BigSilv » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Yes,I have experienced the same issue few months ago.When pulling off I had to put my foot down on accelerator.Fortunately the Kodiaq sorted itself out and it did not happened since.Hope your case will be the same!
2.0 TDI 150 PS Edition Black 7seats Canton Ambient lighting Heated screen Folding Table Tablet Holder Rearview Camera

nitnatnoo

Post by nitnatnoo » Wed May 30, 2018 3:28 pm

I’ve had my Kodiaq just short of two months and it’s been back to the dealership twice because of the parking brake and handbrake sticking on. Last week it had a computer update and we hoped that would sort it out, but sadly not. It’s done it again today. Back to the garage on Monday!! :(

romjfor

Post by romjfor » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:42 pm

I got my Kodiaq one year ago. I have had this problem off and on for while and been back to the dealer to get it checked out. Always told there is not a problem but to document date and time if it happens again. Today when out the brake stuck on every time I stopped at lights or a junction. Disabled the holding button but the main brake would not come off. Depressing the brake pedal did not work either. Eventually got moving and home. I then went direct to the dealer and as usual no one could look at it as they were too busy. Its booked in for 2 days next week. I did mention that this is the third time i have been in with the same problem. They advised me to contact Skoda Assist if I get stuck somewhere. Hopefully it will be resolved

KennyG

Post by KennyG » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Having this problem too. Stop, and try to drive off but handbrake won’t come off unless I put it off manually and even then it’s not always working. Had this problem a few months back but somehow got it working again... just can’t remember what I did!🙄🙄

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:14 pm

This may help. Sorry if you've already tried it. With engine running and foot brake applied push parking brake switch down. This should release the parking brake.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

Return to “Faults & Technical”