Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Seat noises - creaks/clicks and cracks- Edition

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Skoctavia 
#1 ·
Anyone else had experience of this and solutions?
I've got a cracking noise when cornering from both the driver's and front passager seat mostly when cornering. Seems to be due to a shift in bodyweight when cornering (mostly left turns). For the drivers seat it comes from the right side of the seat back towards the seat base. Sounds like a single metallic click - perhaps a weld or spring.
It started in the drivers seat about three weeks ago after about 3k miles, and now in the passanger seat at 3.5k.
It's been in once and still happenes (they thought it was something loose on the 'seat module' under the base but obviously not).

Also got the problem of the nearside wiper not cleaning the outer edges correctly unless you completely flood the screen. The tip of the blade doesn't even touch the screen when at rest. Hoping a new blade will solve it.

#2 ·
I was about to create a thread when I saw yours. I too get a lot of creaking/ squeaking in my driver's seat when cornering, braking or even accelerating, basically whenever my body shifts. No clicks or clunks yet, and only coming from driver's seat so far.

I'm thinking it maybe some springs inside or under the seat. My 15,000km service is coming up, will point it out to the dealer and see if they have a solution. It has gradually gotten worse over the last couple of months, certainly not acceptable in a new car. I've owned cars that were over 10 years old but never had a seat squeak on me. Only seen it in really old SUVs from 80s...

BTW mine is the Australian spec 132tsi with tech and luxury packs (beige leather memory seats with heating and cooling)

First the door handles, now seats.... This is my first Skoda and I have to say that Im not impressed by the build quality at all....

#3 ·
Sorry for stealing topic, but what is your experience with the ventilated seats... Worth the money?

#4 ·
On the ventilated seats, I've just moved to Turkey from the UK (drove her down the 3500km @ average of 39.6mpg) and have both heated and ventilated seats. I have to say the heated seats and steering wheel are a necessity with leather seats in cold weather but in the 25+degrees of Turkey I'm finding the ventilation comes in to its own, especially when wearing shorts. Would say a "nice to have" category but worth it if you live in a warmer climate.

#5 ·
100%. If you're dealing with 25c weather for more than two months a year then worth it imo. Not sure how much it costs though, they're just standard here in NZ.

#6 ·
Well if 25 degrees is the magic point, then i assume the most of us can justify it.

I have ordered it... But 4-5 months deliverytime. :( dont expect it to be 25 degrees when it arrives.

#7 ·
Mine was in yesterday to sort a few minor scratches she had when I collected her and also asked them to look at the drivers seat due to lots of creaks coming from the underframe on acceleration and braking.

Sportline so has an electric drivers seat. They had it most of the day, recognised it was a problem but needed more time to diagnose. Have booked it back in for the end of June for 2+ days when we can manage with a replacement for them to "strip it down properly".

Will update if they find the root cause and sort.

#8 ·
Hi,
I have the same noises coming both from driver and passenger seat. Exactly as described. When turning corners there is a creapy sound coming from both seats... very annoying and needs to be solved by dealer. I went and told them that moving body weight on both front chairs are creating this noisy cracky sounds. Should be something minor.... hey but it's a new car.... shouldn't be like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.