DAB / FM Auto Switching not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Daddy Pig

DAB / FM Auto Switching not working

Post by Daddy Pig » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 am

Hi All

Every day I travel through the A3 Hindhead tunnel, after 100 meters DAB radio loses it signal, TBH I never thought much about it until recently I had to use a courtesy car provided from Garland Skoda, they gave me an Octavia to use while the Bear was having a tow bar fitted.

The Octavia did not suffer from losing signal when going through the tunnel so I went delving into the radio settings on the Octavia. I found there is a setting for DAB - FM Automatic switching which was ticked. When I got the bear back the same setting was also ticked but it does not cut over to FM after losing the DAB signal - any ideas?

I've tried unticking / re ticking - no joy.
Using just FM works all the way through the tunnel.

The annoying aspect is I get DAB everywhere else so I can't test properly unless I'm on my way to / from work.

Regards

Dave
A Bear named 'Huggy'. Midhurst, West Sussex- 1.4 TSI DSG SE L 7 seat Cappuccino, Front / Rear sensors, Heated Seats & Tow Bar

9k2/s53co

Re: DAB / FM Auto Switching not working

Post by 9k2/s53co » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Daddy Pig,

I notice the same; switching from DAB to FM *sometimes* work, but then switching from FM back to DAB isn't working...it simply remains silent and only pressing radio station icon will bring DAB on again :(
I mentioned this to my dealer and he told me Skoda is aware of... Will be visiting dealer soon, maybe I can get more info from techie person there.

Regards, Tomi
Ordered May 3rd 2017; 2.0 TDI 150PS, Style DSG Lava Blue, 5 seats and number of add-ons.Delivery Feb 15th 2018 :)

Return to “Faults & Technical”