Rear traffic alert and blind spot monitoring switching off

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Rear traffic alert and blind spot monitoring switching off

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:01 pm

Philippe72 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 pm
Park your car in front of your dealer with a big paper : "out of order, dealer unable to repair" :-)

They'll find a solution
They claim they have fixed it, still haven’t got my car back as other parts are not available. Only 6 weeks for some small bodywork repairs.

They have changed the control unit, replaced both the radar and camera system. Gave me an explanation about light entering the camera at the wrong angles but couldn’t explain how that affected the blind spot detection. Don’t think they know how they fixed it.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

FiXXXeR

Post by FiXXXeR » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:15 am

Just an update: ours has been perfectly fine almost 100% of the time for a couple of months now - I'm not sure if it's because it's winter now here in Australia or what, but no issues for a long time. Then the other day it randomly switched them off again, so it's quite temperamental. Problem is if it can't stay consistently broken then it will be even harder to have a fix found...

Might have to hold off taking it in to be looked at until it's summer again I guess!
Moved from UK to Melbourne/Aus in Dec '17; Kodiaq owner since Dec '17.
132KW TSI, Lava Blue, anthracite Triglav 19' wheels, black interior.
Aussie Tech & Lux packs, plus pop-out towbar fitted.
Got the little Kodi teddy for our baby and she loves it!

ballyd

Post by ballyd » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi All, I've got a Kodiaq Edition which is less than a week old. When I checked the settings upon receiving it the BSD and RTA were both switched off in the Infotainment settings. I can tick them to turn them on and they stay ticked whilst the car is running, but the next time I get in they are both unticked again. (Car was spotless when delivered and still pretty clean now so not a dirt related issue)

Looking at the posts above this seems to be a similar issue so has anyone had this properly resolved?
Cheers
Car - 2.0Tdi 4x4 Quartz Grey Edition 7 seater

ballyd

Post by ballyd » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Played about with drivers assistance settings today and it appears that if the RTA is enabled and the car is put into reverse a message appears in the instrument cluster to say the BSD and RTA are not available and both options are then unticked.

If I just enable the BSD and put it into reverse then the setting is unchanged and remains active.

So it looks like it's the RTA which is causing both systems to be disabled, so has anyone else with this issue had a fix? Thanks

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 pm

ballyd wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm
Played about with drivers assistance settings today and it appears that if the RTA is enabled and the car is put into reverse a message appears in the instrument cluster to say the BSD and RTA are not available and both options are then unticked.

If I just enable the BSD and put it into reverse then the setting is unchanged and remains active.

So it looks like it's the RTA which is causing both systems to be disabled, so has anyone else with this issue had a fix? Thanks
Do you have a towbar fitted?
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

ballyd

Post by ballyd » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 pm
ballyd wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Do you have a towbar fitted?
Nope, just a standard Edition with no extras.

FiXXXeR

Post by FiXXXeR » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:42 am

Just an update - ours has been good consistently for about 3 months now. It has long stretches of not behaving followed by long stretches of behaving. I originally thought it might be the weather (cold vs hot) but not so sure now. Will wait until it plays up again and take it in straight away if/when that happens.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Our was fixed with a full radar/camera calibration which also includes 4 wheel alignment. Since they did it we haven’t had any issues apart from the odd activation/warning of the front assist system, ironically same corner every time so it must be something to do with the layout of the road.

Whether they do it under warranty as they should is another point, as always it took a bit of open and direct dialogue with the dealer to convince them I hadn’t broken it.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

ballyd

Post by ballyd » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:39 pm

A quick update....

Car was in dealers today for them to have a look at the issue. The technician checked the care but couldn't find any fault codes nor anything on the technical bulletins. I'd already showed them the issue so they were able to reproduce it OK but it wasn't generating any fault codes.

So the technician plugged the car into the computer to try and capture the error code when the warning comes up on the dash in case it wasn't being stored but after that the system started behaving, the warning is no longer appearing and the BSD and RTA are staying enabled. So looks like some sort of software bug!

Hopefully, it will now behave itself ;)

FiXXXeR

Post by FiXXXeR » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Definitely a software bug IMO! The fact that you can turn the systems back on straight away means the sensors are fine. The software engineer in me thinks this is what's known as a "race condition" where the system tries to use an input before waiting for it to settle properly, so sometimes it works and sometimes not.

----

The day I was taking our Kodiaq in for its first service it started playing up again, and I was able to demonstrate it to the service rep. She then tried to video it twice but both times it didn't do it so it's a shy bug lol!

Their suspicion was that the earlier fix done under Campaign 97CN (Traffic Jam Assist not starting) wasn't done quite right by another Skoda service centre and might be playing a part - even though this bug occurred before and after that fix was done. So they redid that and for a week or so it's been ok again.

I'll give it 6 months or until it starts misbehaving (whichever is first) and report back here again.

Return to “Faults & Technical”