Boot opening/closing problems anyone?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
dommer2000

Boot opening/closing problems anyone?

Post by dommer2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi there,

Anyone else had problems with their electric boot door not closing properly, or stopping when halfway open?

Seems to be connected to the latch at the bottom of the boot door not behaving as it should, but I don't know why that would stop it opening completely.

Fiddling with the aforementioned latch, and moving it to a different position seems to allow the boot to open or close, but it's happening quite regularly and I've had to book the car back into the Garage.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skoda Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL with Canton Audio, Business Grey.

daveskis

Re: Boot opening/closing problems anyone?

Post by daveskis » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Initially had problems with foot swipe opening. Now fixed by dealer. Apparently the factory installed a plug the wrong way around. An easy fix, but it does open most of the time and also closes on you if you are shuffling around near the sensor with your feet. A bit disconcerting when the warning beep goes off.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Dommer,
Have you tried opening the tailgate right up and then closing it completely. Try it a couple of times and it should reset. It has a memory.
DO NOT (AS I DID!) push it up by hand or drag it down by hand. I thought I was doing the battery a favour as I open/close the tailgate at least 8 times a day for dog ins/outs and coupled with very short runs, might deplete the battery. All it did was completely screw up the opening/closing. At one point it simply would not open until I used the drivers door switch!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

dommer2000

Post by dommer2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:16 am

Hi Colin,

For some reason, it was not opening completely, unless I physically pushed it up. However, it seems to have fixed itself now, although I do think there is an intermittent problem with the boot catch. It seemed to be triggered initially by me forgetting that it was an electric boot, and pushing it down manually. As you say, best to let the car do the work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skoda Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL with Canton Audio, Business Grey.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:41 am

I agree, I thought I was doing the battery a favour and all it did was confuse it.
As you say, let it do its own thing.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

The only problem I have had is sometime it will not closes on the remote despite the lights flash so it is getting a signal. Sometimes it can be 2-3 days of not working then everything is ok for several weeks, have tested with all remotes as does the same with all of them so it is not a remote issue.
Have not got to the bottom of it yet.
Kodiaq July 2017 2.0TDI 190 SE L 4x4 DSG 7ST Moon White

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Jonnoa wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm
The only problem I have had is sometime it will not closes on the remote despite the lights flash so it is getting a signal. Sometimes it can be 2-3 days of not working then everything is ok for several weeks, have tested with all remotes as does the same with all of them so it is not a remote issue.
Have not got to the bottom of it yet.
Make sure you're keeping the boot opening button on the remote pressed for a few seconds. Also check whether anything's blocking the latch or near the tailgate that may be confusing the tailgate to think there's an obstruction.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 am

These tailgates have a mind o f their own I think.
Sometimes the outside handle just doesn't work and I have fiddly about pressing it in different places to get it to open.
Sometimes using the fob to open it, it only goes about half way.
If it doesn't latch the problem is invariably something in the way of the static locking bar in the cill.
If you are a dog owner as I am I often fined the dog towel that a flip out over the bumper has shifted or the bot liner has slid back and pushed some of the bedding into the way of the latch.
As has been mention. open and close it fully a few times and like the leccy windows, it seems to clear its brain.
BTW, if opening from the door switch you only have to give the switch a tug to open it , but to close it you have to pull the switch up and hold it up until the tailgate latches.
[color=#00

heycolombo

Post by heycolombo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:43 am

hi there,
my kodiaqs tailgate/boot is not closing properly. when i press the boot closing button the boot starts closing.
it is closing down but the tailgate indictor light stays on and shows open.
the boot is down and seems closed, but its not closed tightly, still some play in the boot.
also the inside boot lights wont switch off.
anyone having the same problem
cheers
heycolombo

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:20 am

Have a read of the suggestions above. If you still can't get it sorted, it's off to the dealer!
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”