Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
MoominPapa

Re: Looks like I need a warranty claim :(

Post by MoominPapa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Savage wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:06 am
What trim outside MP ?
It will make me feel better if I am not the only one as I thought I was !
Both my front wing external lower plastics have come away a bit.
Plastic trim on lower boot opening.

I'm also noticing more issues the more I live with my copy. I can only think Skoda were rushing these out without the reported quality control checks. My subwoofer has already died during a very gentle running in.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car has not met expectations so far with 2 weeks in workshop and counting...

Savage

Post by Savage » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:17 am

Yes, lack of QC certainly seems to be the case for some of us.
Kodiak Edition 2.0 Tsi DSG 4x4 in Quartz Grey. Anthracite Craters and a goodly selection of extras.

romanv

Post by romanv » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:43 am

QC or design failure?
Order placed 12th January in Slovenia. Still undelivered!
Kodiaq Style, 2.0 TDI, 190PS, 4x4, DSG. Lava Blue Metallic, Black alcantara. Area view, heated screen, Canton sound system, Adaptive Cruise Control, Columbus navi and more.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 am

I agree, See my threads about non working call buttons and infotainment suddenly deciding that photographs are not readable, having worked 2 weeks ago on the same memory stick.
Oh and my drivers door pull is creaking as well, but has yet to become loose!!
This is the price we obviously have to pay for being Skoda Fans and ordering early!!
It always happens with a brand new model. I bought a disco when they had been out a month.
All the black paint, wheels hubs, chassis etc went rusty within 2 months and the rear door was subject to a total recall because the hinges had snapped on some cars. So much for the millions of miles they claim to test in all conditions. In the Disco's case they obviously did not have to let dogs in and out 8 times a day! Once it was sorted it was brilliant.
Let's hope that applies to the K problems. I am sure Skoda Cz expect teething problems. The question is, how well they deal with the problems. So far, not too bad in my case. Fingers crossed for all of us.
Moderator GroupSE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, Panoramic Roof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglav wheels. Free Spacesaver and Canton sound system.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive)

darkKnight54

Post by darkKnight54 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 am

I will give my call button a test. I take it its just the top left button, not the breakdown or emerg ;P

Also, err.. given im only testing it... what do I say ?? (im actually unsure what the first *top left* call button is for.. some kind of information service?)

And how do I end the call?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 am

Top left button is direct link to Skoda Customer services.
IF it works, just say. "Just testing to see if it works as some people are having trouble with these buttons".
I have tested ALL 3 and none of them work.
Below is copy of email sent to SUK and dealer.

Just tried driving past the road sign that sets of the braking alarm.
This time I took my foot off the throttle BEFORE it went off, so according to Bryan the car should have realised I was reacting and yet the alarm still went off but going past the sign, alarm still showing on MFD for 100 yards after passing said sign, but with absolutely NO attempt to stop the car. So, sorry Bryan, I still think the system is NOT working. I certainly won't be putting my trust in it.
I think the electronics on my Kodiaq at least, are rubbish!
Oh & by the way, my driver's door handle has started creaking. (Others on the forum have reported the door handle coming loose, necessitating replacement of complete door card. Yet another instance of poor build quality.
Please feel free to send my comments to SUK.Or even the factory.
The gilt is starting to come off the gingerbread!
I know they are only footling problems but on a car costing £30K+ they simply should not be there!
What a shame.

Regards,
Colin.

Hi Colin,
Bryan our local rep has come back with the following question, and also explanation of the front assist operation:

Call Buttons, just to clarify does the other functions within Remote access work though his Connect portal account or Škoda connect App I.E vehicle status/ driving data etc.? the reason for that is to understanding if the OCU2 unit is sending data though
Skoda Connect….All functions working correctly on my ‘phone and as far as I know did so when Carl from Meadens went into the system.. C.A.L.
Autonomous braking- front assist, I think the problem he is having isn’t a problem. If as he says drives up fast to stationary vehicles, which in itself is not a good idea! Because he removes his foot from the accelerator pedal sharply, the system will take that as he has seen the danger and acted so front assist will not intervene. Unless it’s at the point the accident is unavoidable and the accident assist will take over.

Regards,

Tom Sexton
Moderator GroupSE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, Panoramic Roof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglav wheels. Free Spacesaver and Canton sound system.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive)

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 pm

I have heard from Customer services, and they have told me 4 new door cards and handles should be with the service centre on Thursday.
Once the retailer has heard from Skoda to get the part number for the external trims (not yet on retailer systems it seems), they will be authorised to be replaced too.
They are also looking into the door trim/handle matter internally to prevent future occurrences.

These things do happen, The true test is what they do to sort them, and for me, so far, they are delivering :)
Lets just hope the replacements are (and stay) perfect :!:
Kodiak Edition 2.0 Tsi DSG 4x4 in Quartz Grey. Anthracite Craters and a goodly selection of extras.

Savage

Post by Savage » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Ooops ! miscommunication.
Door cards would have be here Thursday if in stock in UK, somehow I doubt there are any in stock let alone in my configuration.

romanv

Post by romanv » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Damn! I am reading your posts like watching some horror movie and waiting on a happy ending :(
Order placed 12th January in Slovenia. Still undelivered!
Kodiaq Style, 2.0 TDI, 190PS, 4x4, DSG. Lava Blue Metallic, Black alcantara. Area view, heated screen, Canton sound system, Adaptive Cruise Control, Columbus navi and more.

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:08 pm

I haven't faced any issues so far.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Return to “Faults & Technical”