LED lamps - multiple models - differences

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
bartek82

LED lamps - multiple models - differences

Post by bartek82 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 am

hello,

Recently skoda dealer agreed to replace my front headlights due extreame condensation. The new headlights have no issue whasovever, exept perhaps a little bit dimmer cornering lights. Could it be that the replaced lights are any different from the old ones? I've checked the numbers on the label and they are all the same except one. The new one says 566.941.018E, wheres the old one was 566.941.016E. Perhaps someone knows what is the difference in these lights? Thanks

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: LED lamps - multiple models - differences

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:57 am

bartek82 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 am
hello,

Recently skoda dealer agreed to replace my front headlights due extreame condensation. The new headlights have no issue whasovever, exept perhaps a little bit dimmer cornering lights. Could it be that the replaced lights are any different from the old ones? I've checked the numbers on the label and they are all the same except one. The new one says 566.941.018E, wheres the old one was 566.941.016E. Perhaps someone knows what is the difference in these lights? Thanks
I cannot find the ‘E’ designation units on the parts catalogues but I have foun ‘C’ and ‘H’, I think these are just revision numbers. The three preceding numbers suggest the following:

015 - LED Left headlight unit with Control Unit
016 - LED Right headlight unit with Control Unit
017 - LED Left headlight unit without Control Unit
018 - LED Right headlight unit without Control Unit

I would imagine they have used the old control unit with a replacement 566.941.018E light unit. The control unit “ Control unit for an LED lamp, for controlling the distance of your lamp beams, for the corner function, for the fog lamp.”.

Question is if the control unit is connected correctly or is working as expected. If you are totally convinced they are different contact the dealer.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey