Columbus entertainment comes back on after switching off car....

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
OlivierW11

Columbus entertainment comes back on after switching off car....

Post by OlivierW11 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi all,
Been a while....
Still own my Kodiaq Edition jungle green 1.4TSI DSG and all in all, a great experience. But

Today something strange happened. After switching off the engine and locking the car... the radio came back on on its own.... tried various sequence (switching off radio before engine, etc...) no luck it keeps coming back on.... it's late at night and i expect a drained battery by the morning.... on a car that just fell out of itts warranty period... of course....

Anyone knows if there's a trick to stop that happening? A sequence to trigger a hard reset?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier
Next: Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI in Jungle Green (+pano/ambient/virtual pedal/Canton/Child pack/Heated Wheel w/ Shifters/etc.) Triglav to be repainted black soon... :roll:

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Columbus entertainment comes back on after switching off car....

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:04 pm

OlivierW11 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 pm
Hi all,
Been a while....
Still own my Kodiaq Edition jungle green 1.4TSI DSG and all in all, a great experience. But

Today something strange happened. After switching off the engine and locking the car... the radio came back on on its own.... tried various sequence (switching off radio before engine, etc...) no luck it keeps coming back on.... it's late at night and i expect a drained battery by the morning.... on a car that just fell out of itts warranty period... of course....

Anyone knows if there's a trick to stop that happening? A sequence to trigger a hard reset?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier
I am assuming you have tried a factory reset from the setting menu. If not I believe that by holding the power on/off button/surface for 10 seconds will reboot the system, not tried it to be honest and can’t find anything to support it. Furthermore I’m not sure if that’s a soft or hard reboot either. Worth a go.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

old man

Post by old man » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:00 am

What FA suggests is definitely worth a try. Whilst it's not the same, I caused a warning light to illuminate on my dash which I couldn't reset, even with an OBD11.
Someone suggested resetting the infotainment unit 5 times. This worked after 3 resets and the light disappeared.
Keep your finger on the off icon until you hear a slight click. Once the unit is off, switch it back on again. Do this at least 3 times.

When my car was new, my infotainment screen crashed and rebooted itself several times. To my knowledge, all the dealer did to fix it was to reboot the system and check for any loose connections. They didn't mention finding any loose connection, so I assume it was the reboot that did the trick.

No guarantees it will work for you, but any IT person will tell you that the first thing to try in the event of a computer glitch is to switch it off and on again.

old man

Post by old man » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Well Olivier W11, did you have any joy sorting this out ??