Fail to start?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Damson2GiN

Re: Fail to start?

Post by Damson2GiN » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:20 am

There is a plus side to all of the chain of events, at least if you are under a garage canopy, obviously the signal will not transmit, how will you go on, if the vehicle has flipped over, or on its side?
My wife as yet is doing well, but we have to be wary of certain factors, thank for your comment.
The Kodiaq is having the part fitted next Tuesday, on the warranty, I always keep the fuel tank reasonably full, due to the issues I mentioned, but reading some of the other comments, about the engine part cutting out, may that is related to this fuel pump sensor unit ?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:59 pm

I believe that if you are unfortunate enough to be in a situation where. the airbags deploy or the car inverts or goes onto it's side the emergency call is activated
Since Skoda see fit to alter specs without notice a call to your dealer or SUK Customer Service may confirm the facts. Have your VIN number handy before doing either.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:27 am

I think their is a plus side to the Red button issue, you were right only for emergencies, you get so used to the engine starting at the press of a button, I did panic a bit [ Don't Panic Mr Wilson ] I only pressed it for a second maybe. However what struck me , If you are in a accident, and roll the vehicle, will this service still work ?
My wife is doing ok at present things are stable, but Thank you.
PS: There was a police helicopter hovering the other night, do you think they are looking for ? We get a lot of high powered cars near bye racing up and down the roads.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:48 pm

See above.
Glad to hear the 'Boss' is stable.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:39 am

Perhaps it could be useful for the SOS button to activate a menu in the infotainment that would let you either call ŠKODA services or after 15 seconds or so automatically call 999.
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:11 pm

I think we are getting off the beaten track here, with the Red Button use, I took my Kodiaq 190 Edition to the main agents, to have a fuel sensor unit fitted, this was done on the warranty as pervious stated. Only now time will tell if that's the cause of the initial problem, but because of the Virus problem will not be anytime soon. So ending as I began, if the engine turns over, but does not fire, lock the car manually, KEY, count to 8, then unlock with the key, the engine should start.