Re: Keyless systems.

Post by Silverbear » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 pm
SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:20 pm
Silverbear wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:45 am
As you no doubt expect, I really can't see the point of keyless entry. I barely see the point of central locking.
It's one of those "ooh I don't need to get my keys out of my pocket" fads that seems to give you extra street cred.

The one frustrating thing with my Kodiaq is it only works on the front doors; on my wife's Ford, it's on all four doors.

Annoying when you're off to the gym and want to put your gym bag on the back seat.

#firstworldproblemsforme

:D
On my Kodiaq I can unlock all doors and the tailgate with three presses on the remote. Have you tried that?
On my Kodiaq, one press and it is all unlocked.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:05 pm

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Silverbear wrote:
As you no doubt expect, I really can't see the point of keyless entry. I barely see the point of central locking.
It's one of those "ooh I don't need to get my keys out of my pocket" fads that seems to give you extra street cred.

The one frustrating thing with my Kodiaq is it only works on the front doors; on my wife's Ford, it's on all four doors.

Annoying when you're off to the gym and want to put your gym bag on the back seat.

#firstworldproblemsforme
One press of the key for me and everythibg is unlocked. As for street cred, it is in the eye of the owner, not the beholder.

The number one rule of cars is that no one else on the road cares what you drive and anyway there is always a better car out there.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:24 pm

You barely see the point of central locking? Are you sure you're not a Luddite?

Back when the Kodiaqs were fresh on the road, I got many looks and questions in parking lots or the gas station so that makes your last point null.
BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 pm

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Silverbear wrote:

#firstworldproblemsforme

:D
That's confusing as the only settings for the central locking / KESSY are: single door, all doors and single side (drivers). There as far as I can see no setting for just the front doors?

What setting is your Kodiaq using?
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Daddy2Bears

Post by Daddy2Bears » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:59 am

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:13 pm
Old and Grumpy wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 pm
On my Kodiaq I can unlock all doors and the tailgate with three presses on the remote. Have you tried that?
Pah, my key is in my pocket, it's just too much effort to get it out and exercise my fingers :roll:
There's a setting, I've got mine set to open the side that you touch front & back.
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:05 am

Go into settings on the infotainment screen and somewher eyou will find 'Locks' (or something similar)
You can then set it to open ALL doors.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 pm
That's confusing as the only settings for the central locking / KESSY are: single door, all doors and single side (drivers). There as far as I can see no setting for just the front doors?

Sorry, I may have misled you.

I meant putting your hand behind the door handle and the sensor detects that you are there as long as you have a key close by.

My wife's Focus allows you to do this on any door, my Kodiaq is front doors only.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:30 pm

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm
FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Sorry, I may have misled you.

I meant putting your hand behind the door handle and the sensor detects that you are there as long as you have a key close by.

My wife's Focus allows you to do this on any door, my Kodiaq is front doors only.
I now understand.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Return to “Faults & Technical”