First service today

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Jonnoa

Re: First service today

Post by Jonnoa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks
I am still awaiting VW finance to come back to me hopefully this will help.
The vehicle is back in today to have the software update and the off side tail gate lens replaced with the spider in.
Kodiaq July 2017 2.0TDI 190 SE L 4x4 DSG 7ST Moon White

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks Colin for the details. I have just had a letter from VW Skoda finance so will keep the details in reserve.
AS for my experience with the dealer yesterday.
It went back in yesterday as they could not not update the software when it when in for it's service and they wanted it back in.
On collection I was told that nothing has been upgraded as there were no updates for the vehicle, as to say I was unhappy is an understatement, another complaint to go on the list and what a waste of time, fuel etc for me.

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:32 pm

I have just had Skoda ring me back to say they will not replace the missing door trim and that it was the dealer that makes the final decision and they have refused.
The dealer stated they had already replaced one as a good will gesture when the car was a couple of months old and that they would not be replacing it again. I did point out that the 1st one was the driver’s door not the passage door and that it was replaced due to it not fit around the edge of the door properly, not a falling off problem.
They kept going on about a good will gesture which I pointed out that nothing is a good will gesture and that I was claiming under the warranty.
Colin, I did mention the lady you gave me the name of but so far this has not help and was told by the Lady I spoke with was a colleague of here’s but were not allowed to discuss individual cases between them and that decisions were made on a per customer basis, I did point out that this is a common problem and that I felt it was a design fault, not a user fault.
I think this is very poor service by Skoda and that are blaming the dealer, surly it is Skoda UK to make the final decision.
I have pointed out I would not let this go as it the principal, not the money. If you buy a new car with a warranty is it not covered for the full warranty time excluding general wear and tear.
I have been promised another call back on Monday.

Jonnoa

Post by Jonnoa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:35 am

Just an update.
Not getting anywhere with the dealer or Skoda UK, they are refusing to do anything about the door proctors.
Not Impressed.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 am

Give them both one month to put it right or you will take legal advise and go to BBC Watchdog, the press and the motoring press.
It is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE. I am sure all those here who have also had problems with the guards, will back you.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”