My Kodiaq Edition

Post pictures of your Skoda Kodiaq here
KodiaqNSC

Re: My Kodiaq Edition

Post by KodiaqNSC » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Looks good, I've gone for the same level and engine, the only extra that we missed was the smoking kit and a tow bar... I've been told it's mid to late November for delivery so very jealous!
The test drive is fine but does it drive and act as you expected now you've had it a few days?

SRW1969

Post by SRW1969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Congratulations!

Stunning car (bear)... Silly question but is that the standard dash trim?
Candy White, Edt (7 st) 2.0 TSI 180PS 4x4 DSG, Panoramic Sunroof, Canton Sound System,19” Sirius Wheels, Heated Windscreen+washer jets, Adaptive Cruise Control, Area view + F&R parking sensors, Driver Alert System, Drive Personalisation

Blackwhite

Post by Blackwhite » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 am

Yes it is standard
KodiaQ Edition, 2.0 TDI 187 PS, 4x4, DSG with some extras

Jono

Post by Jono » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:25 pm

I have mist inside my headlights also on a brand new car. Does this go away or is there a lasting issue for people? I drove mine in the rain on 1st trip and both headlights completely steamed up. Obviously goes away when lights go on as the heat vaporises the moisture but it comes back.

What was your experience raising this with your dealer. Looks like poor quality fittings to me as they must be letting in water somewhere.

Thanks

Blackwhite

Post by Blackwhite » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Mine still steamed when wet - I will claim them under warranty

billbobaggins1

Post by billbobaggins1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 am

In the book it does state this happens; all cars with plastic headlights will do this,remember these are not hermetically sealed lighting units.

lights.jpg

Kodiaq SEL 1.4 4x4, 7 Seats, Pacific Blue, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Heated Windscreen, Heated Leather Seats, Colour DOT matrix,LED Pack.

BigSilv

Post by BigSilv » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:33 am

Looks Great...
2.0 TDI 150 PS Edition Black 7seats Canton Ambient lighting Heated screen Folding Table Tablet Holder Rearview Camera

Blackwhite

Post by Blackwhite » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 pm

hmmm. so I will wait a bit longer and see what hapen.

akop.4040

Post by akop.4040 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi,

I am posting this as the Superb uses the same headlights as does the Kodiaq. I hope I am not breaking any rule by posting this

We took the delivery of our Superb in January. Since day 1 it had these condensation issues. We ignored it at first thinking that it is caused to due to cold weather. Most of the driving was during day time so we kept on ignoring it. It used to show up after some minutes the headlights were switched on and it kept on increasing for as long as the headlights were kept on. We were driving late nights few months back, it covered like most of the headlight so we went to the dealership. They kept on making excuses like this is normal, we should not switch on headlights for more than an hour straight, no other car has this issue, this will be fixed via setting, we need to get more knowledge as in how to use the headligths. They did nothing for months. I knew someone from the management as the dealership harassed us during the sales phase also, he chipped in and the headlights were replaced, though I was pretty sure that they installed it after taking it out from an another car. Anyways the new one's are also showing signs of condensation now

Old headlights

New Headlights

In the new one's due to the lightening the intensity is being demonstrated to a lesser level in the photographs. They are clueless as in what exactly is causing this. What they did was they replaced it from a demo car. One of the dealership's guy spilled the beans about this when I pressed him. I again complained to Skoda, they sent an engineer he examined the car and said that it is normal and that the condensation won't cover it fully, even if it does it will let the light pass through due to the shape of the reflectors.

He had no answers why the other Superb's don't have this issue but he said that he can replicate the issue in like 10 minutes in any other car.

Now out of the again replaced headlights one of the headlights was manufactured in 2016 before the mfg date of the car. When I raised this point they said that they have replaced the headlights twice and they won't be doing anything as this is normal. The dealership sucks to the core but even Skoda would do this it was never expected. Check the manual page, it says that any mist formed will go away when the headlights are turned on but in our case it forms after the headlights are turned on and that too in any weather condition

Headlights after 20-30 minutes drive with headlights at night

After about 40-50 minutes drive

The Skoda guy said the temperature inside is around 200 degrees and its vacuum so it causes condensation but they had no answer why only our car has this issue. It is happening every night, starts after about 20 minutes as seen in the photos above. It is happenening irrespective of the weather, the summers here are like 45-50 degrees Celsius and winters around 10 degrees Celsius. I thought the car washing might cause this so I am going for waterless wash since the past few months.
This condensation is not happening in other Skoda cars that I have seen not even in An Audi which has the same headlights.
There are some that say that it is normal and have that temperature thing as a reason for it BUT the others either don't have it or face it only during cold/hot weather. Even if I was facing it during change of climate then I would have been okay by it. But I face it every night. Moreover they look so bad :(

Read his point 5, now check the manual photo which I have posted above. It means that the condensation should go away after the headlights are turned on, but in my case it shows up only after they are switched on.

https://www.carlightblog.com/2014/06/24 ... ate-guide/

What should I do?

Return to “Members Gallery”