Quartz Grey

Post pictures of your Skoda Kodiaq here
Savage

Quartz Grey

Post by Savage » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:20 pm

If this isn't in the spirit of things, mods feel free to delete.
But trying to get over the non anthracite/black diamond cut wheels palava, I went off to find something to see how mine would look with plain old silver wheels. This pic made it more palatable for me :P
I have linked rather than pasted direct as:
A. I didn't want to infringe on any copyrights
B. Its Hooooge (4500 x 3000 pixels), makes a nice wallpaper ;)

http://s2.paultan.org/image/2016/09/Ko_061.jpg
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Zach

Re: Quartz Grey

Post by Zach » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:15 am

That is Business Grey. Quartz Grey isn't as bright nor as bluish.

BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:09 am

It might be the filter the photographer used ? I thought business grey was much lighter ?
Several pics at the bottom here: https://paultan.org/2016/09/02/skoda-ko ... ts/ko_074/

Here is business grey AFAIK: http://images.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecac ... aq~(5).jpg

Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:19 am

I'm 99% sure this is quartz grey. It should be darker than those images.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 am

I have seen both Business grey and Quartz on Superbs and I would say that the first picture with all the grass is TOO BLOO for Quartz!
The grass looks too green and so I think the photographer was using a filter of some sort.
A lot of 'Business Grey' pics look very blue especially the Paris launch under very strong flood lights. It distorted all the metallics I felt. Petrol blue for example would only look as blue as it did at Paris launch in tropical sunlight. My Yeti never loos the colour shown on the launch.
Honest John's pic is a fairly true likeness of business grey.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:33 am

Yep that's the thing, artificial light and photographic filters can really distort the colours.
For instance, I think the above pic Zach posted is Quartz, but in that pic it looks a lot bluer than it does IRL.
The reason I believe the original pic I posted is Quartz is due to it having a blue/green tint, Business is lighter and more grey.
Obviously, whichever of us is correct, the photographers filter or post processing has altered the colour somewhat :)

Is Quartz just a renamed Metal grey (Previous Skoda colour) or a slightly changed new shade ?

Return to “Members Gallery”