Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Black magic problems

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  C2atb 
#1 ·
Now we had a few days of sun last week I realised just how bad the paint has gone over winter . This is from a few hand car washes and 2 bucket washes with lamb wool wash mitt .
When the sun hit it was like it has been washed with a brilo pad !
Unfortunately my pics before and after seem to be too big &#x1f44e-1f3fd; Any help would be nice

#4 ·
I've always had this problem with black cars which is why I opted for paint protection this time. No swirl marks after 16 months ownership using automatic car washes.
It only takes 1 dodgy car wash! :(

Worth speaking to a professional valet to get it back to its original sheen and add some paint protection?

#5 ·
I'd never let those car wash cowboys anywhere near my car. God knows what chemicals they're using, not to mention the filthy mitts they use, full of grit after wash after wash. No thank you!!
If you have the means to wash the car yourself, then invest in quality ph neutral car products, I use Autoglym, but there's plenty of different ones out there. A decent pressure washer and soap bottle, and you're ready to go. It takes me about 2 hours, to soak, wash, and dry mine. Then once a year it gets the UHD wax treatment and at the 6 month interval it gets an aqua wax job. And yes, I'm a bit obsessive about my paint work :lol:

#6 ·
Yup all back to normal now , as in pics all by hand using my normal go-to black car protocol .
Snowfoam - 2 bucket wash poor boys black hole then seal in with dodo purple haze followed a week later by another 2 bucket and another purple haze

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.