Cappucino Beige

Post pictures of your Skoda Kodiaq here
Alan Chapple

Re: Cappucino Beige

Post by Alan Chapple » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 am

I know there is a load of moaning on here about the boring Skoda colour palette but I assume some sort of research goes into this?
Basically if a colour doesn't sell particularly well it will be removed from the options, possibly along with similar shades and the opposite also being true. so if variations of grey/silver are all very popular then over time the available colour options will be dominated by those particular variants?
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:21 pm

When buying a car, I always keep resale value in mind.

Going for 'garish' colours may get you noticed on the streets, but expect the sales person to suck their teeth when you come to negotiate PX value. They have to find a person among their clientele that shares your liking for that particular colour in order to shift it again. And therefore reasonable expect it to sit on their forecourts for quite some time.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 pm

iwarv wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Going for 'garish' colours may get you noticed on the streets, but expect the sales person to suck their teeth when you come to negotiate PX value. They have to find a person among their clientele that shares your liking for that particular colour in order to shift it again. And therefore reasonable expect it to sit on their forecourts for quite some time.
Good point, well made. That's exactly what I was trying to say when ppl moan about the boring choice of colours available, the palette isn't boring its actually what the silent majority want and purchase.
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

Plasky

Post by Plasky » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Alan Chapple wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 pm
iwarv wrote:

Good point, well made. That's exactly what I was trying to say when ppl moan about the boring choice of colours available, the palette isn't boring its actually what the silent majority want and purchase.
I agree! When looking for cars I always look at the bold colours at first but after a while and seeing them in the daylight I always turn to the "greyish". At least I thought I was a little bold this time not going for the quartz or business grey 😎😂
Kodiaq Style 180 TSI DSG, 7 Seats, Cappuccino Beige, Towing pack, black leather upholstery, 19" triglavs, canton, heated rear seats, Amundsen, Travel assist.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Plasky wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm
Alan Chapple wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 pm
iwarv wrote:

I agree! When looking for cars I always look at the bold colours at first but after a while and seeing them in the daylight I always turn to the "greyish". At least I thought I was a little bold this time not going for the quartz or business grey 😎😂
I’m on a personal contract hire so I don’t give a monkey’s about px and residuals therefore when I order my vRS in the new year I might go for the most vibrant colour going ( not really the cliche race blue is most likely).
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Return to “Members Gallery”