Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

FInally cleaned it for a picture!

11K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  FoxtrotAlpha 
#1 ·
Got round to cleaning the Kodi today for a few pics.
After 5000 miles I'm loving just about everything, and really impressed with the 1.4 150PS turbo engine for a great mix of performance and economy. Definitely the best family car we've had after a Volvo V50, Ford SMAX, Seat Alhambra, Toyota Prius+ and a Ford Kuga.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
V. nice! good to see another beige interior.
I agree absolutely with your comments re 1.4 DSG performance.
I have had 75 cars and in spite of all the little niggles the K is without doubt the best car I have ever owned. :D :D

#4 ·
Looks great! I kind of wish I'd gone for the beige interior, but as half of the family seem to be almost permanently wearing black or very dark blue jeans, I didn't dare risk it.

#5 ·
Thinking of buying exactly the same colour combo. How have you found the beige interior for showing dirt / wear etc?

#6 ·
Kodiconvert said:
Thinking of buying exactly the same colour combo. How have you found the beige interior for showing dirt / wear etc?
Not quite the same but I had an Audi A4 2.5TDi Sport Quattro which had a cream leather interior etc. I was quite concerned to start with about how it would handle a little dirt over time, but I had the car for 3 years and it managed very very well. We ha an A2 with cream leather thats now 17 years old and that has done pretty well too!

#7 ·
Back in the 90's I had a cream leather interior on my Rover 220 Turbo Coupe (Tom Cat). It was an import with the higher powered turbo... amazed I never lost my license. What I now realise is that it was a horribly difficult interior to keep clean, didn't like the colour then but it was a good price for a psychotic car (young and stupid).

I will never have another cream interior.

#8 ·
Kodiconvert wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:46 pm

I had cream alcantara on the Kodiaq, scrubbed it (drivers seat only) once in 18 months. By scrubbed, I used a damp cloth with a weak solution of washing up liquid.
I have cream leather on the Karoq covered 1300 miles. Driver's seat just starting to look not quite as bright as the others.
If you tend to wear jeans then NO to cream interiors of any sort..
Also, should be borne in mind that the car leather in the 90's had different finishes than current ones.

#9 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Kodiconvert wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:46 pm

I had cream alcantara on the Kodiaq, scrubbed it (drivers seat only) once in 18 months. By scrubbed, I used a damp cloth with a weak solution of washing up liquid.
I have cream leather on the Karoq covered 1300 miles. Driver's seat just starting to look not quite as bright as the others.
If you tend to wear jeans then NO to cream interiors of any sort..
Also, should be borne in mind that the car leather in the 90's had different finishes than current ones.
I see to get up to allot more in my car back then too.

#10 ·
Foxtrot Alpha said
"I see to get up to allot more in my car back then too."
EH?? WOT??

#11 ·
Re: Thinking of buying exactly the same colour combo. How have you found the beige interior for showing dirt / wear etc?

I'm finding the beige wears very well after almost a year with it. Front seats have some signs of wear and probably need a clean, but nothing too obvious. No problems at all with rear seats....kids haven't marked them at all and the odd bit of dropped choc or sweets cleans up easily.
Very happy with the choice of Petrol Blue and Beige and still feels special every time I get in it.

#12 ·
It's a very personal thing, we were at a local dealer this weekend ordering a replacement for our Kodiaq and there was a Petrol blue SEL in the show room, my Mrs liked that colour but I was the complete opposite. Neither of us were right or wrong

Luckily the replacement isn't available in that colour so it wasn't a problem.

The vRS was there and looked great in race blue, but in reality it didn't look a great deal better (apart from colour) than the Sportline. Based on that and the uplift of about £7k in price they may not shift that many vRS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.