Clean black Sportline

Post pictures of your Skoda Kodiaq here
Pjmartin

Re: Clean black Sportline

Post by Pjmartin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

The more I see the Sportline exterior, the more I want one!

Sadly I got put off by the seat options in the Sportline as black leather wasn’t an option, only Alcantara and I thought I would ruin that too easily as I’ll possibly be wearing muddy fishing gear at times.

The Sportline looks superb in my opinion and I love it in the black especially.

I’m quite jealous.
2.0Ltr Edition 190 DSG 7 Seats, Candy White
Optional extras:
Fully loaded. :)

Shocks

Post by Shocks » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:34 pm

eLTe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm
ingram69 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:52 pm
eLTe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm
As for the scout, it’s a design line with little interest. If people want a proper off roader they’ll go buy one. A soft roader made to look like an off roader doesn’t make much sense, to me at least. It also doesn’t look as dramatic as the sportline so isn’t as popular.
Ouch!
Just being honest! I’ve seen a few in show rooms and just don’t get the attraction to it. The silver trim on the front looks terrible and all the off road bits aren’t worth the money. This is all my own personal opinion of course! :)
I found it nice enough on an e tended test drive

IMG_0044.JPG

Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

Bored Bear

Post by Bored Bear » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 pm

I actually really like the outside trim on the scout.. was worried about the "wooden" elements on the inside, but they look good. In lava/petrol blue it looks really nice. I needed the off-road bits anyway as I drive on some really bad "roads" and choosing the scout with the same options was actually £500 less. I guess cars are like food, its either to your taste or not.
2.0TSI, 180PS, 7DSG, AWD, 5-seat Scout.
Lava/Petrol Blue
All extras minus virtual pedal and lane assist.
Ordered: Early November
Received: End of February

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Looks fantastic!
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

Andrew_Bu

Post by Andrew_Bu » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Wow, what a fantastic-looking car!

Craig, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions, please?

1. Is the ride overly-firm on those wheels? I think it was Auto Express who weren’t particularly enthusiastic about the Sportline when comparing it with the standard models.

2. Did you test-drive any other engines? I took out a 2 litre petrol and was a little disappointed with the acceleration. However, it had only done 200 miles so it maybe needed to bed in a little?

For others on this forum. I am currently travelling approx 15k per annum in an Audi A3 1.4 TFSi which I love. I am tempted by the upcoming 1.5 TFSi but am anxious about it’s performance in a car of the size of the Kodiaq. A diesel seems to make more sense but I do prefer petrol engines.

Thanks,

Andrew

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 pm

eLTe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm
ingram69 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:52 pm
eLTe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm
As for the scout, it’s a design line with little interest. If people want a proper off roader they’ll go buy one. A soft roader made to look like an off roader doesn’t make much sense, to me at least. It also doesn’t look as dramatic as the sportline so isn’t as popular.
Ouch!
Just being honest! I’ve seen a few in show rooms and just don’t get the attraction to it. The silver trim on the front looks terrible and all the off road bits aren’t worth the money. This is all my own personal opinion of course! :)
You can argue exactly the same thing about the Sportline. If people want a real sports car, they'll go and buy one, rather than a 150BHP 7 seater family car. But I suspect the difference in popularity is less to do with whether people want a "real" anything, and more to do with the how many people like the idea of something that *looks* a bit sporty compared with how many people want something that *looks* a bit rugged. And I suspect it's further skewed by the fact that the Kodiaq already looks a bit more rugged than most cars as standard simply because it's an SUV rather than a regular hatchback or estate.

Personally, I didn't order a Kodiaq based on how it looks - I bought it because it has a massive boot, lots of kit, isn't too ridiculous a price, and drives nicely.

Which is all a long winded way of suggesting that I think it's a bit rude to scorn someone else for buying something you don't consider "real". We're all different, and buy the things that we like and do what we need.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

mrcraigcharlton

Post by mrcraigcharlton » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Andrew_Bu wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:11 pm
Wow, what a fantastic-looking car!

Craig, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions, please?

1. Is the ride overly-firm on those wheels? I think it was Auto Express who weren’t particularly enthusiastic about the Sportline when comparing it with the standard models.

2. Did you test-drive any other engines? I took out a 2 litre petrol and was a little disappointed with the acceleration. However, it had only done 200 miles so it maybe needed to bed in a little?

For others on this forum. I am currently travelling approx 15k per annum in an Audi A3 1.4 TFSi which I love. I am tempted by the upcoming 1.5 TFSi but am anxious about it’s performance in a car of the size of the Kodiaq. A diesel seems to make more sense but I do prefer petrol engines.

Thanks,

Andrew
Andrew

I don’t think the ride is overly firm at all but I believe that is subjective. I’ve come from a BMW X5 30D and I don’t think it is any firmer nor do I have an issue with the 2.0 Petrol, if you want better acceleration you put it in sport and it is fine. I had 4 people in it last week and it still pulled hard. I have also driven the 2.0 190 D and whilst it had a little more torque there wasn’t a massive difference in day to day driving in my opinion. At the end of the day it’s not a sports car, I have something else for that fun, it’s a 4x4 family car and it does an admirable job for £35k! I had a Disco Sport a couple of years back and I think the Kodiaq is streets ahead in terms of stability, build quality and practicality - overall a great car.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Cheers
Craig
2.0 TSI 180 Sportline Black Magic :D :D :D

mrcraigcharlton

Post by mrcraigcharlton » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Pjmartin wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
The more I see the Sportline exterior, the more I want one!

Sadly I got put off by the seat options in the Sportline as black leather wasn’t an option, only Alcantara and I thought I would ruin that too easily as I’ll possibly be wearing muddy fishing gear at times.

The Sportline looks superb in my opinion and I love it in the black especially.

I’m quite jealous.

Fair point - with a 2 & 8 year old I was also worried but so far so good - when dirty I simply wipe over with a damp sponge. Seems to do the trick.
2.0 TSI 180 Sportline Black Magic :D :D :D

Andrew_Bu

Post by Andrew_Bu » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks Craig.

I was planning on waiting for the L&K prices but, looking at yours, I'm sold on the Sportline!

eLTe

Post by eLTe » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 pm

MrTrilby wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 pm
Which is all a long winded way of suggesting that I think it's a bit rude to scorn someone else for buying something you don't consider "real".
I wasn’t scorning anyone for their choice. Someone asked why sportline appeared to be more popular than scout so I gave my opinion why I think it’s the case.
Sportline 1.4 TSI DSG 4x4 : Business Grey : Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Child Pack, Driver Profile thingy

Return to “Members Gallery”