I love my new Kodiaq

Post pictures of your Skoda Kodiaq here
Estophilux

Re: I love my new Kodiaq

Post by Estophilux » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Great stuff, markymate! Looks fab-u-lous!
Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Style, Lava Blue, Triton, DSG7, 7 seats, Columbus, Canton, pano roof, black perf. leather heated seats, DCC, ACC, TJA, night pack, rough road pack, sport steering wheel, alu pedals

markymate

Post by markymate » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:43 pm

davos wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:40 pm
It would be interesting to know your thought processes around whether you go for the Racechip or not. I've never heard about this until recently, so don't know enough about it to have formed a view. Can anyone enlighten me as to the pros and cons? From my very basic understanding, it's weighing up between the advantages of having extra acceleration, and possible better MPG, and the disadvantage of possibly wearing the engine more quickly - is that right? Is there more to it than that?
Cheers
My understanding of the Racechip XLR is that it eliminates the lag in accelerating, making the drive smooth and more economical. It doesn't increase top speed, just makes the throttle response much cleaner and sharper. I've not read any reviews that talk about engine ware as yet. I know Colin swears by his, as do others on this forum.
Hopefully that's about right!!
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 pm

I do ! It is a brilliant bit of kit that corrects the stupidity of Skoda whereby I consider the throttle lag is unacceptable (I can only speak for my 1.4).
Negative. The only downside is the cost ! But I think it is worth it.
Positive. It only takes 10-15 minutes to fit, you can adjust the speed with which the throttle butterfly opens to suit your requirements, From almost un-driveable, sluggardly opening to 'lairy' race +.
It does NOT give you better consumption, but it doesn't give you worse either.
It is transferable to other specific engines (You would have to ask RaceChip). It should not cause premature engine wear.
Try your car first and if, like myself and others, you consider the factory set up to be unacceptable. Go for it.
It did not affect mine and I believe, others insurance premiums but you MUST inform them. If you are with Aviva they are ok with it. Anyone else, you had better check before spending your money. (Aviva will NOT consider performance chipping)
https://www.racechip.co.uk/throttle-tuning/xlr.html

https://www.racechip.co.uk/presse-news/ ... tuning-xlr
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

pmburton

Post by pmburton » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am

Do check with your insurer first! I bought a similar system, but when I rang my insurer (LV) they refused to insure the car with this unit, despite me explaining it did not add any extra power to the engine, and was just a remap of throttle response. Very frustrating!

Be interested to hear if anyone else with LV has managed to get insurance when using such a device, and if it's worth me trying again with a different phone monkey (although to be fair they did (claim to!) contact the underwriting section to confirm before giving me an answer.
Edition 2.0TSi 180 4WD DSG, Moon White, DSG paddles, Heated front & rear seats, Heated windscreen, Park Assist, Area View Camera, Trailer Assist, ACC, Traffic Assist, 3-Zone Climate Control, Media Command, Space Saver Wheel

markymate

Post by markymate » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Ordered the Racechip XLR through Topcashback and got £22 off. All okay with insurance so looking forward to seeing the difference it makes.
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Return to “Members Gallery”