Another petrol blue

Post pictures of your Skoda Kodiaq here
Colin Lambert

Re: Another petrol blue

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am

Granny driving?? You must have a feather for your right foot! :lol:
Best my size 10s have managed after 2000 miles is 44,7.
overall average according to MFD is 31.6
But vast majority of my trips are very short/cold urban runs.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

PoloGaz

Post by PoloGaz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:06 pm

3000 miles in now and that is still my best result over a reasonable distance. My average overall is around 40mpg. Last two fill ups were both well below that.
Kodiaq SEL 1.5 DSG arrived 14/05/19 after 4 month wait
Petrol blue, 7 seats, triglavs, heated things, towbar, virtual cockpit

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 pm

63 mpg is the best on mine, easily get 45 to 50 mpg even when hoofing it along country lanes. Mines an oil burner though. One reason why I wouldn’t touch the 1.5 TSI kangaroo engine.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:38 am

Each unto their own. I have had 1.4 and tw 1.5. engines. No trouble with any of them My driving demands are such that I would kill an oily engine very quickly (preponderance of short cold drives)
I have nothing against oilys, having owned many when my driving needs were different.
Other point is I always pay cash for my cars and am not therefore, prepared to suffer the (unwarranted and unfair) drastic residuals.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

PoloGaz

Post by PoloGaz » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:34 pm

Mine's definitely got that quirk that the 1.5s seem to have.

I had a 2.0 TDI 150 golf estate and it was a cracker. The 1.4 TSI Leon ST I had after that was also good, but I am disappointed with the 1.5. I think the majority of the fuel saving comes from the 2 cylinder mode, which it almost never seems to use except on overrun and perhaps at 30mph in town. It's got to be beacuse the kodiaq's such a big car to lug about. I think it is better suited to the next size down vehicles, like the Ateca/Karoq and below. I bet it's brilliant in an Ibiza!

I must admit I think I should have gone for the 2.0 TDI 150. A few years ago there would have been no question but I am a company car user and the government is really kicking diesel's ass at the moment in taxation.

The way company car tax is set up at the moment it wont be long before everything is in the 37% bracket so maybe next time I'll go back to diesel. I do do very short local journeys but I also do a 400 mile trip at least every other week, so I guess that would still be ok for a modern diesel to cope with

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:21 am

PoloGaz wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:34 pm
Mine's definitely got that quirk that the 1.5s seem to have.

I had a 2.0 TDI 150 golf estate and it was a cracker. The 1.4 TSI Leon ST I had after that was also good, but I am disappointed with the 1.5. I think the majority of the fuel saving comes from the 2 cylinder mode, which it almost never seems to use except on overrun and perhaps at 30mph in town. It's got to be beacuse the kodiaq's such a big car to lug about. I think it is better suited to the next size down vehicles, like the Ateca/Karoq and below. I bet it's brilliant in an Ibiza!

I must admit I think I should have gone for the 2.0 TDI 150. A few years ago there would have been no question but I am a company car user and the government is really kicking diesel's ass at the moment in taxation.

The way company car tax is set up at the moment it wont be long before everything is in the 37% bracket so maybe next time I'll go back to diesel. I do do very short local journeys but I also do a 400 mile trip at least every other week, so I guess that would still be ok for a modern diesel to cope with
My last car was a diesel and it was certainly smooth but every other car I have owned has been petrol and all of these petrols over 35 years has been hesitant when starting off including my wifes current car which can be quite bad on a cold morning. I notice, and expected, a similar hesitancy with the 1.5 although on mine the DSG masks it well. Perhaps yours is more noticeable but I wonder if collectively as so many of us have now experienced diesel in the last few years we have tended to forget the difference between diesel and petrol. Certainly my wifes car, still relatively modern being 2014, is very much worse than my petrol Kodiaq. Your Leon might have been the exception rather than the rule.

My car often goes into two cylinder mode but most of my driving is about town or slow winding moderately hilly roads so the car is frequently under light load coasting into bends and down hills. Traffic is for the most part light when out of town, fuel economy always increases when one has the road to oneself if one defaults to 'hypermiling'. I think it will go into two cylinder mode up to about 40mph if there is no gradient and the speed is steady. I wonder if the fuel used is halved or the two being used consume more fuel?
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

PoloGaz

Post by PoloGaz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm

The 2 that remain active have to up their game to maintain the smooth transition of power between 2 and 4 cylinder mode but the net consumption goes down as 2 cylinders working hard must use less fuel up to a point than 4 cylinders not working very hard.

I had a bmw 320i 8 speed auto before this and that was more/less/not hesitant depending on the driving mode, but the 1.5 is doing something weird with the gearbox like it’s slipping the clutch when it doesn’t need to when it’s cold. It’s fine when warm. Don’t have too much of a problem with hesitation, but it’s messing around, like anti-stall kicking in or something, that I can’t be doing with

Return to “Members Gallery”