Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, had my Kodiaq just over two months (1.4 petrol). Had a couple of issues - coolant level dipped very quickly after collecting it and had to have a bulb replaced on rear lights.
But now the seemingly non-specifc yellow warning triangle (ie triangle with exclamation mark inside it) has appeared on my dash.
Can't find any real mention of it anywhere relevant in the manual. Anyone know whether it will be anything specific?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Can you go to the vehicle menu in the infotainment menu? Should show the reason in Vehicle Status.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hello Fazza,
Welcome to the forum.
Please put your car details on your signature and your location in your profile. This helps others to help you with any queries.
The Yellow triangle denotes something has happened that should not have done.
It is a pain in the @rse as it does tell you what the fault is as it occurs, but it only stays on the MFD for about 10 seconds.
A quick way to find out is to turn the ignition off and then , whilst watching the MFD turn it back on again. It should flash up the fault on the MFD. If you have 'front assist' then I would put money on it that you have either driven through heavy rain or snow, as both of the these have a tendency to knacker the radar sensor for a short time.
If you needed a bulb replacing I assume you have S or SE? as SE L & Edition have LED rear lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the warning triangle the other day and it was simply because the washer fluid was getting low. As soon as I had filled it the warning went off.

Seemed a bit over the top for washer fluid!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Kodiaq just loves to flash up its yellow triangle. It invariably is nothing too drastic but seeing it right in front of you on the dash is inevitably off putting!
Very much agree with Colin re: the radar sensor for 'Front Assist'. It comes on everything time there is heavy rain (and I live in a rather wet part of the UK). In my case the Front Assist warning will also flash on and off occasionally, with the yellow triangle remaining lit. I also usually find that the warning disappears as soon as you switch the ignition off and on again.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Tradewind25 said:
The Kodiaq just loves to flash up its yellow triangle. I also usually find that the warning disappears as soon as you switch the ignition off and on again.
If it STAYS ON after switching off/on there there may be something more serious. So do as I suggest and watch the MFD. It will tell you what the fault is but only for about 10 seconds!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Tradewind25 said:
The Kodiaq just loves to flash up its yellow triangle. I also usually find that the warning disappears as soon as you switch the ignition off and on again.
If it STAYS ON after switching off/on there there may be something more serious. So do as I suggest and watch the MFD. It will tell you what the fault is but only for about 10 seconds!
Or just go into the vehicle status on the MFD then you have all the time in the world.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last time I had that a leaf was stuck on the grille just where the sensor sits.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Shredder said:
I had the warning triangle the other day and it was simply because the washer fluid was getting low. As soon as I had filled it the warning went off.

Seemed a bit over the top for washer fluid!
The warning triangle for that isn't non specific. I had it come on when returning home on a long distanc3 holiday trip. It actually stated that the washer fluid was low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts