Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 2.0 SE-L has the Columbus system. I seem to recall seeing (or reading about) a setting that would allow the ignition to be on while the car was being worked on, but would disable unnecessary electrical loads like lights, air-con, infotainment system etc, so that the battery didn't get discharged.
I've looked through the various menus and searched the Owners Manual but can't find it. Am I imagining this??

Reason being, I updated the Sat-Nav so had the ignition on for sometime while it updated and managed to flatten the battery. :oops:
It's currently on charge, but obviously now I have that nagging feeling that its not in the best of health and may need replacing. Uh-oh...拢拢

Cheers
馃

Registered
This might be irrelevant to you but in 2017/18 Kodiaqs were fitted with a batch of faulty batteries that I believe were manufactured by Moll. My old 2017 Edition suffered from frequent dead battery events until it was replaced under warranty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This might be irrelevant to you but in 2017/18 Kodiaqs were fitted with a batch of faulty batteries that I believe were manufactured by Moll. My old 2017 Edition suffered from frequent dead battery events until it was replaced under warranty.
Thanks for that info, FA. - I guess I must have imagined the "Service Mode" thing - Maybe it was on another car.

My battery had started giving several warnings as being low and eventually failed to hold a charge, even after a long motorway drive. Ultimately let me down when ready to hitch-up after weekend away in the caravan. Got Green Flag out to get me going. He tested the original Exide battery and it gave inconsistent results; initially failing, then passing, then failing again. At that point I decided best option was to just replace it. I got a Bosch AGM.
Incidentally, I subsequently asked my local Skoda dealer to re-code the car for the new battery but he said he was unable to as they only had the facility to re-code for "original" batteries supplied by them. (Which would obviously be more expensive!) - Sounds like a bit of a cop-out to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts