Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
(number one fob chrome trimmed)
This morning ....... boot opened with fob and closed. Car started.
Arrived at dog walk (1 mile) tail gate would not open at all, either with fob or manually on the 'handle'. finally opened with fob.
closed with fob.
came back from dog walk. repeat of earlier. neither tail gate nor doors would open with fob or tailgate manually.
Opened passenger door manually , then tailgate worked using handle.
Got into car. "No key detected" tried again, car started.
Got home tailgate worked with fob. I am now sitting upstairs above car 10 feet away and have just locked and unlocked the car and opened the tailgate using the fob. But now it won't close! Have just been down and shut the tailgate using the button thereon!
I have tried the reserve fob and that locks & unlocks the car but not the tailgate.

If it is the tailgate and not the fob. then why did the ignition not recognise the fob??
SURELY the fob battery can't be flat after only 2600miles & 4 1/2 months???
What the hell is going on? Any bright ideas.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Jungle Green would make a great and mysterious title for a Stephen King novel...

All I can suggest is to try replacing the battery even though it sounds unlikely to be at fault. If it doesn't work properly after it's probably best to check with Meadens.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Tom Sexton (Meadens) is on the case.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Likely interference. Was there another VAG brand car parked nearby? Mine does the same intermittently especially parked round another keyless Skoda/VW/Porsche. Dealer says they haven't found a cause and wouldn't deny my hypothesis.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. Could be. Often a Passat around, but I don't remember in this instance. If it happens again I'll take note.
Definitely not at home when the tailgate wouldn't close though.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems to have cured itself1 weird?
I shall ignore the p*ss take!! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Maybe it was the key's time of the month... watch out Colin!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well it was a very short time (period!) luckily!
My God that was a long time ago! Not me! My ex wife who was exe'd 20 years ago! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts