Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following my experiences, I now add anther one to the list.
SOS button not working. Sorted by dealer.

Autonomous braking does not work in rain. No fault found but keeps doing it.

External tailgate handle only works when it fancies it and getting worse.

Today we add to the list that having been in close proximity to an obstruction the rear sensor constant 'beeeep' came on (it was only a traffic cone so I was not concerned) and it would NOT stop.
I had to drive nearly quarter of a mile with the damn thing screaming in my ear, until I could turn off the ignition & back on again which sorted it out.
Skoda really do need to get off their @rses and SORT OUT THE ELECTRICS. Judging by the number of adverse comments on the forum :evil:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've got visions of you tailgating whilst driving in reverse for quarter of a mile whilst mistaking the caravan in front as a parking cone.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oy! I might be old but I'm not that daft :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
407 Posts
The joys of being an early adopter - my first Octavia 3 was like this, one of the first off of the production line and an absolute Lemon electrically. It had half the control units replaced and Start Stop still kept failing.

Not quite sure what you mean by Autonomous braking though - are you testing out Emergency Asist daily?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No!! But every time it rains heavily (so nearly every day so far this year!) the warning comes up on the MFD saying it isn't working. Followed by the yellow warning triangle. Sorry I call it (erroneously) Autonomous braking 'cos I can never remember Emergency Assist :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Colin,

I think we have the same problem; though the manual calls it 'Front Assist'. The icon looks like a car with radio waves emanating from the front and both sides.
I live in Cumbria, and you know often it rains up here! ;)

Geoff

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the one!
Have you got your dealer to try and siss out the problem?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yep add me to the list too .same thing ,heavy rain snow or ice and then the warning triangle .need to get it booked in .

·
Registered
407 Posts
Heavy snow or ice and it will stop working - it is a radar sensor and it'sview is obstructed.

Heavy rain shouldn't do it though - it never did on my 2 O3's and my first Kodiaq. On the second Kodiaq it turned off in the snow on Saturday for about 5 minutes, but came back on again.

Try treating the cover for it with soemthing like RainX which wil repel water.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine did this too on Sunday 21st Jan with the slushy snow and then on Wednesday with the heavy rain too, I have booked mine in for the dealer to take a look at. could just be a software update if we are lucky.. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same issue with the front assist in rain.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have reported these complaints, (without names) to Skoda U.K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem. A bit disconcerting on an eight hour night drive to the French alps where it snowed 80% of the way. The warning light was on most of the time. Aside from that and with a set of winters on I was very impressed and the car performed admirably.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tutts,
Please report facts to your dealer and Skoda UK.

[email protected]

Only by everyone reporting any faults will Skoda realise they have a problem. It is often difficult to get them to agree there is a problem, but if we don't tell them we will get no help at all.
Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts